V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time I'm having trouble with the quick disconnect fitting on the bottom side of the fuel tank leaking when trying to reconnect it. The first time i bought new HD parts and i don't want to do that again just so it can fail next time i pull the tank. Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any aftermarket or homemade remedies. I would like to replace the existing setup with something that actually works. It's a 07 Ultra.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
john deere sells a o ring that will work. dont have the part number right now. but if you do a search you might find it. I posted it here before.

o yea ...nice avitar...LOL

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
john deere# R26286 o-ring

if you want to take a pick and gently pull yours out?????
you MIGHT be able to just wipe it and the land that it sits in off,then lube it a little and roll it back in. sometimes they just get a little nick or flat spot on them. roll it back in and good to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad I read this post... been considering pulling my tank off to install a HogTunes amp and wiring. This way I can grab that o-ring ahead of time and have it waiting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 2000 rk mm tank. 2 efi connections. Bought 2 new tank connections. $55.00 a piece from harley
Went with black fuel line in tank instead of clear. Cut clear line off.

Read where you have to use submerisable fuel line after I was done. Crap!!!
Had to buy another fitting again just to get the clear line, they dont sell it separate.

Any way I have a brand new fitting sitting in my shop, no fuel line with it just the fitting.
Will sell it for $20.00, maybe $5 to ship it.

Is the MM efi tank fitting the same for the one line delphi tank??
If so, I have a new one.

Straightleg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2000 rk mm tank. 2 efi connections. Bought 2 new tank connections. $55.00 a piece from harley
Went with black fuel line in tank instead of clear. Cut clear line off.

Read where you have to use submerisable fuel line after I was done. Crap!!!
Had to buy another fitting again just to get the clear line, they dont sell it separate.

Any way I have a brand new fitting sitting in my shop, no fuel line with it just the fitting.
Will sell it for $20.00, maybe $5 to ship it.

Is the MM efi tank fitting the same for the one line delphi tank??
If so, I have a new one.

Straightleg
straightleg, can you send a photo & part number of the fitting. I might take you up on your offer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
KBE
I am in the process of ordering carb parts to convert my MM bike to carb
I have half of them now.
I then will have 2 more brand new fuel fittings with plastic lines attached to them.

I went through bike put new filter and lines in gas tank, cleaned throttle body, new gaskets on throttle body. cleaned injectors the whole nine yards.
Still did not run right after a 3 mile ride.
So these parts in gas tank have 3 miles on them filter and all.

Will be selling all that down the road.

Will go out to garage and take photo of the other one

Straightleg

·
Registered
80 Posts

You ought to call a harley dealer say you need a fuel fitting for a 2000 rkc and ask for part number, then see if that fits you tank and model year.
You would then have first hand knowledge.
I have it if you need it.

First picture see the new ones in my tank?? I throw money away at will :)

Straightleg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
straitleg,
It looks like the right one but I'll check out the part numbers and get back to you.
thanks,

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Ive had my tank off my 09 at least 6 times since I've had it and have never experienced leakage from that quick disconnect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts