V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like imput about the Le Pera seats. The look great and seem very well made. Can anyone tell me how they compare to ride. Seems like lots of Custom bike builders use Le Pera seats.

Thanks Tony

In the process of getting 2003 Softail Standard.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Corbins are hard as rocks...Lepera's are a little softer. It's like he said, It's all in the style. A little sport seat is going to be hard no matter what. Some of it has to do with You!......A guy 180 lbs with a skinny ass is sure gonna need a different seat than somebody 270 and a large.......well you get the idea!

I have a Lepera, it is a high quality seat and yes it is kinda stiff(a sport seat)... but nothing like the Corbins I've seen!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I bought a Maverick for my 2002 FXST and had to return it because it shifted me forward 2 1/2" to 3". It was comfortable enough, but I couldn't ride the bike to to the fact that I was sitting way too far forward. I am only 6' 2" and the seat would probably be fine if I were shorter. I didn't plan on a foot control extension kit, but may have to go that route. I will see what other seats might fit.
Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am 6'5" so I dont want anything that will push you forward. I am also over 300lbs so I guess that will make a difference.

I have been looking at the Shilouette(maybe solo).

I will in time have 2 good seats. One for around town and one for trips.

Thanks

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.