V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have an analog one and it's pretty accurate, the LCD is just as good but you wanna get the second generation (a new one from the past 6 months) as the first batch where failing from the heat.

That said, remember this is just the oil temperature of the oil in the sump, not what the actual temperature of the "jugs" are. You can figure out your averages, and when something unusual occurs you will be warned. Just try and look at it when you are riding, on my Fatboy with my seat it is pretty tricky… ;)

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Be careful though. I went out barhopping w/ a buddy and he HAD one of those. While we were inside some a$$hole took it. Had to call the OL and bring out the factory one. BTW it's still there.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you don't mind spending over three times the price for it over the dial version, and you like it. Go for it. It will NOT be 3X more accurate or be any more functional than the analogue. So your money buys a gadget and cosmetics.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yeah, I got the analog one too, and it looks plenty cool on my Deuce. Not too tough to glance down and check the temp while riding.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JFScheck said:
I have an analog one and it's pretty accurate, the LCD is just as good but you wanna get the second generation (a new one from the past 6 months) as the first batch where failing from the heat.

That said, remember this is just the oil temperature of the oil in the sump, not what the actual temperature of the "jugs" are. You can figure out your averages, and when something unusual occurs you will be warned. Just try and look at it when you are riding, on my Fatboy with my seat it is pretty tricky… ;)
So is this what you guys are using when you say your bike is running at 230 degrees or are you checking the temp some other way?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts