V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the layback license plate mount the other day (7 1/4 by 4 1/4).Ohio plates don't quite fit. Was going to modify it a bit to fit. Also not too thrilled with the sticky things to attach it with. Anyone have one of these on their Sportster? Any advice or info is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had one on my Sportster since May. Have not had any problems with it so far. I wasn't too thrilled with how the plate mounted on it at first either but the plate hasn't fallen off yet.

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Jebster, if you can get your hands on a copy of American Iron Magazine (January 2003), there is a complete article on installing this option, including the adhesive backed mounting "studs".

Hope this helps.........

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I purchased a laydown license plate from J&P Cycles as well as a license frame from eBay. I don't like any that require adhesive....this is strictly a bolt on. God bless Loctite. I've had no problems and it works flawlessly.

·
Banned
316 Posts
I also got my laydown from j&p, about three years ago. No problems whatsoever. The old Pa. plates also did not fit properly so I trimmed mine down about a half inch all around, then it fit the frame perfectly.(not exactly legal, but then neither is my helmet or pipes, so whatever your morals will allow) This year Pa went to the smaller size plate so it fits better. Now at least thats legal on the bike.-Zig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts