V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant find a good lay down low profile license plate frame that will fit my 2002 heritage. dont want one with turn signals, just a basic frame. anyone have one they can recomend?

·
---
201 Posts
Stock HD on mine.
However, having a hard time finding a decent looking rack that will fit the two up seat with a layback plate. Motherwell says it does, but it didn't fit.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
Dragonboop said:
i cant find a good lay down low profile license plate frame that will fit my 2002 heritage. dont want one with turn signals, just a basic frame. anyone have one they can recomend?
I have the Harley lay down frame on my 03 Heritage and like the look.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wife has the HD model on her 2001 Heritage. Part #59817-00A on page 363 of the 2006 parts catalog. It fits fine with her detachable tour pac, but has a warning about fitment with a rear fender rack.

Regards,

Bill

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
The ones in from custom chrome have a lower profile than the HD's.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Drag Specilities and Custom Chrome both sell one that is cheaper than the HD. I have the Drag Specilities one on my Fatboy.

·
"What's this do?"
230 Posts
Got mine at Eastern Performance Cycles in Gambrills MD. 410 451 4542. model number is TR490359. It's plain, simple, but also has running/brake LED which I like for nite visibility. Made of billet aluminum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the 59817-00A lay back frame, with a 53713-96 2 up luggage rack. Looks great...06 FLSTCI... RIDE SAFE...John

·
Registered
206 Posts
I make my own...here's how.

I have made my own lay down licence bracket for all my bikes.
I use the lower section of the stock bracket. I simply put it in a vice and bend it back. I then drill two holes to access the mounting screws. I add a chrome licence trim and presto! Laydown bracket.
You can alsodrill new holes to mount the licence plate lower if you don't want the stock reflector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts