V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '89 FLHTC is starting to act as old as I am. The latch on the trunk and one of the bags has broken. I lost the whole latch on the trunk, still not sure what happened, on a road trip. Must have come loose. Anyway, I am having a hard time finding a place that sells them. It is H.D. part #90649-85

Thanks for any help you can provide.

rballing

·
Registered
166 Posts
rballing said:
My '89 FLHTC is starting to act as old as I am. The latch on the trunk and one of the bags has broken. I lost the whole latch on the trunk, still not sure what happened, on a road trip. Must have come loose. Anyway, I am having a hard time finding a place that sells them. It is H.D. part #90649-85

Thanks for any help you can provide.

rballing
http://www.bikebandit.com lists the part number for the tourpak latch kit as 1682110-001, the same as with the '90 Ultra for $13.00. At any rate, Bike Bandits has schematics for your bike on line , look through the drawings and see if they have what you need. The bad thing is when the part is "Obsoleted" by Harley, it will only show up as discontinued - then you really have to search.

I know that Bill had some NOS ( new, old stock) trunk lids and latches in his catalog, maybe a bag or two as well,I don't remember what all was in the catalog and it's at work, I cant look through it, you may want to check with him as well:

http://www.billscustomcycles.com/

he has mostly old stuff but did have some newer stuff at a good price. When I say newer, I mean 89, which is pretty new for his catalog.

Drivetrain parts are easy to find, but the accessories get a little harder to find for the older Harleys and most people you bump into are only interested in what they sell for newest Harleys.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
89 latch

Thanks for the info, I will try and get in contact with them directly. I was afraid these little things will begin to be harder and harder to find and take care of. Thanks.

rballing

·
Registered
404 Posts
J&P cycles 800 397 4844

Part number 830-364
Tour pac chrome latch - replaces part number 90649-85
Fits 85-94
price 21.99

The J&P catalog has been invaluable in rebuilding and modifying my 89 FLHT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts