V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this at Sam's Club for about $80. Has anyone had experience with these lifts? I've never used a motorcycle lift and nasty thoughts come to my mind if I get a skimpy one.

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've heard they are OK, except I didn't like that it said Made in China.
I bought the "Sport Lift" on Ebay, the one for $119 and there is always a few available. Made in USA and it is the same lift at the HD dealer for over $300.
Also check out the lift Craftsman makes for Sears.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
yeah i just got my craftsman lift today. ordered last month when it was on sale for 89.99. didnt have one in stock to see where it was made. they told me if i didnt like it i could refund on it. i should of figured though. everything craftsman is made in china it seems except their hand tools. ohh well. actually the lift is made really well and is of heavy duty construction. i feel safe with it and im glad to have it. i used it to clean my rims today. wow this is the cats pa'tooter.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Sam's motorcycle lift

I have the Sam's motorcycle lift and have had no problems at all. I have seen some warning posts about the bolts shearing so I replaced my bolts with grade 8 bolts. I think the original bolts are grade five-? (three marks on the bolt head) Other than that modification I am glad I bought it. It is not skimpy. It lifts either one of my bikes with no effort at all.

Frank
'00 FLHRI Electra Glide Sport
'02 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have the Sams lift too. I think this thread has been here before.
The lift is fine. I'm not Chinese, but they do have the a-bomb, so they do some things right.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I have used the Sams Club lift for two and a half years. Roadking and I have had no problems.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I've got the newer model Larin/Sams lift and everything seems fine. As for the china thing....get over it. Things like that are cheaper when made over there and it isn't just the labor...it's tooling, materials, environmental regulations, etc. Either pay more if you really have convictions about US products or buy the $99 China-made stuff and be done with it. I don't blame Sams or Sears for what they are doing....how many of us would rush out to Sams or Sears if they sold US made lifts at $275? Very few I'd guess, we'd all be here reading threads about the $135 chinese lifts at harbor freight and buying them by the truckload.

Imported goods are not in and of themselves evil. And unless people actually stop buying Chinese stuff as opposed to talking about how bad they feel about buying them, smart US retailers will continue to give us what sells. There are plenty of US made lifts out there if you are willing to pay for them.

It's all give and take...they sell is Nikes and Larin lifts and we sell them our military secrets... hehe.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have the sams lift I use it for my 02 flht It is not completly balanced so I use two tie downs. A buddy has one and uses it an older ultra and he says the one pad of the lift sits inside the bracket on the bottom of the frame, but mine doesn't look like it will fit in there , any ideas. rickpoco

1 - 10 of 10 Posts