V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm the proud owner of a 883XLH (standart) Sportster, with its original solo seat : I love the look of the standart Sportster with a solo seat :) .

My wife now wants to ride once in a while to go downtown to the movies, to the restaurant. 25 miles round trip maybe twice a month...

I could buy the regular HD passenger pillion for the Sportster (MSRP US $72.95) but it is only 5.5 inch "wide" : very shallow indeed. Even for a dozen miles, even only twice a month, I'm looking for a wider pillion that I could conveniently add to my solo seat... Ideally confortable enough to avoid adding a sissy-bar (detachable sissy-bars are smart but expensive...).

Any experience you could share with me ?

Pierrick
(from Paris, France)

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Hunt Ebay for a HD Dual Touring seat for the Sportster. It offers a wider rider as well as passenger portion. Very comfortable. 5 minutes to switch from the solo to the dual touring seat. I've attached a pic so you can see what it looks like. I got mine at a swap meet for $20.00. Looks brand new and is VERY comfortable.

later,
KrustyTC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply and picture. After looking at several possibilities I'm convinced swapping between a solo and a dual seat is indeed the way to go.

Thanks,

Pierrick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts