Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Another thing.........

Fire4Effect said:
That's fargen awesome...
It certainly is, in a dangerous way, make doing wheelies look safe.

Another thought - "Roads and traffic like that, I wonder what the average ambulance response time is?"

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
his balls are a LOT bigger than mine.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Life is cheap in the Orient. This guy is the exception there. If you look in his pants there is actually something there.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That guy would die ridin' like that around here. We change lanes just for fun here.

So much skill...so little brain power.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Looking at the speedo, he was doing 55 to 60 in a lot of the splitting and in the end on the open road he hit 90 or better. I had heard of them doing that in Toyko, but seeing it was just scary. Way too close to the trucks for me.

·
Turgid member
1,941 Posts
Guys riding like that make it onto the radio around here everyday. "Motorcycle accident on highway blah, blah, blah".

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
It's the brainpower of people stateside that's the problem. If you look carefully, you'll see people moving out of his way before they would have heard him-- it's an accepted practice and they have an eye out for motorcyclists. Here, lane-splitting is considered an offense against cage driver's masculinity and they will cut you off intentionally.

DM-SC said:
That guy would die ridin' like that around here. We change lanes just for fun here.

So much skill...so little brain power.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Sarge12R said:
That dude is nuts!!!! I ask myself why? If someone opens a car door he's finished.
If you have to ask...

·
Registered
2 Posts
RE: Lane Splitting Video

OMG! Watched about half of the video waiting for the inevitable crash. These guys riding at this speed have a clear death wish, it's dangerous enough when all other traffic is stopped. I wonder what the rate of MC fatalities is in Japan vs US. We have way more lane changing over here...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bhawk said:
It's the brainpower of people stateside that's the problem. If you look carefully, you'll see people moving out of his way before they would have heard him-- it's an accepted practice and they have an eye out for motorcyclists. Here, lane-splitting is considered an offense against cage driver's masculinity and they will cut you off intentionally.
Personally, I wouldn't have a "rage" issue with motorcycles lane splitting. Having said that, it puts a HUGE addtional responsibilty on each and every cager to make sure they don't so much as swerve one way or the other. No way a few minutes of the motorcyclist's time is worth the potential injury or death that could occur from even one little slip up...either from the cager or the biker.

Then, you throw in the a few who ride at the speeds this guy was riding at...you just can't expect people to drive 100% error free.

This guy is an idiot for riding through dense traffice like that.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
This guy was clearly riding faster than was wise - the fact that he had a camera on would suggest to me that he was pushing it a little on this ride. But that said, lane-splitting should not be as dangerous as it is -- if cage drivers could keep their precious testosterone in check, maintain separation to create a path, and try not to take vengeance on a smaller more manoeuvrable vehicle.

DM-SC said:
Personally, I wouldn't have a "rage" issue with motorcycles lane splitting. Having said that, it puts a HUGE addtional responsibilty on each and every cager to make sure they don't so much as swerve one way or the other. No way a few minutes of the motorcyclist's time is worth the potential injury or death that could occur from even one little slip up...either from the cager or the biker.

Then, you throw in the a few who ride at the speeds this guy was riding at...you just can't expect people to drive 100% error free.

This guy is an idiot for riding through dense traffice like that.

·
Registered
310 Posts
that looks like my morning commute! he splits a little hairier, but the speed is prob simliar. i tend to give a wave to the cages that pull out of my way as i pass.

the video has a higher ratio of trucks, but i have more SUV to deal with.

-dogtown max
"everyday is 'ride to work day'".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts