V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. OK. Enough of these charity/benefit runs. How about a....

LAME ASS RUN TO NOWHERE!!!!

Despite popular demand!
This is the 3rd annual Lame Ass Run--it's NOT all it's cracked up to be.

Saturday, October 26th
Starts @ Laidlaws H/D, Baldwin Park, 12-1 p.m.
Ride through scenic mountains and canyons. For FREE. And get a ride pin on top of that. Food and beverage available at the end.

This ride is sponsored by NO ONE and benefits NO ONE!

Ride at your own risk--if you are a LAME ASS RIDER, please let everyone around you know.

*****Some of our Forum members are regulars at this run. You are cordially invited. Should be fun. And the price is right. FREE!!!!*****

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lame Ass Run is Still a Go!

Ok, today I confirmed with Black Mack that the Lame Ass Run is still a go.

Saturday, October 26th, leaving Laidlaw's H/D (off the I-10 Freeway, Baldwin Park, CA) from 12-1. Purpose: NONE. Charity: NONE. Goal: NONE. This is a "lame ass" run, with no social purpose and benefitting no one. Cost: ZIP (and you get a run pin for no cost!) Goal: FUN.

Lisa (huckelberry1) and I will be there. We'll be stopping by P/V H/D from 10-11 for an event there and then we'll be driving over to Laidlaw's for the Lame Ass Run. I understand the run involves some locals roads and then a stop for some beverages with friends. Sounds like fun to me....

Hope to see you.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything Advertised & LESS!

The Lame Ass Ride was everything was it advertised to be...and LESS!:D There were no official sponsors, no official charity, no purpose at all--it was lame. (The ride pin was the "lamest" excuse for a ride pin I've ever seen.)

Althought the weather looked threatening this a.m., a group of about 40 bikes assembled at Laidlaw's H/D off the I-10 outside of LA. Hung out for awhile and then took the LAMEST group ride I've ever been on.

We went past junk yards, bad neighborhoods, a gravel pit, cemetary, junk cars and similar "high lights". We did the mandatory "U" turn and passed the "Welcome Lame Assed Riders" sign. Many spectators cheered as we rode by. It was actually a lot of fun.

Ended up at a neighborhood bar called the Brass Elephant on Foothill (old Route 66) in Monrovia. Inside, we were treated to good tacos, cheap beer and a not half bad band. There were "lame" lottery/door prizes and "lame" speeches. It was all "lame" and very enjoyable.

Thanks to Black Mack and friends for treating those in attendance to a really LAME ASSED Ride. We'll be back next year.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Awww, now I'm extra sorry I missed it! It sounds like a hoot! I was planning on bein' there but I was stuck at work...on a Saturday (now that must qualify as super extra lame - maybe I should make myself a pin!)

Ahhh well, hopefully next year for me! Thanks for the report!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts