V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
******* Extraordinaire
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we all know that there are 2 kinds of riders......On Saturday night, I joined the "been down" crew. I was in NW Arkansas for Bikes, Blues, and BBQ.....I was headed home for the evening, rounded a relatively sharp curve to find a herd of deer standing in the road. Bike is totaled, and I tore everything in my right thumb. Surgery scheduled for Thursday to repair it. Damn, this sucks!

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Be thankful guy could have been a lot worst. She may have been your baby but scooters can be replaced.

Glad you are alright except for the thumb.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. I am however glad to hear that your injuries are not much worse than they are. Good luck with surgery and hope the healing process is short and as painless as possible.

Got your eye on a new bike yet?..:whistle:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Glad to hear you made it out relatively ok! Sucks the bike was just done too..Oh well,i will watch out for a new bike build thread soon. Heal well!

·
Registered
238 Posts
sorry to hear about your accident. Hope all surgery goes well. Will insurance cover loss on the bike?

·
******* Extraordinaire
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the well wishes, guys. Insurance will cover the loss....that's one area that I WILL NOT skimp on- I'm insured! Here are some pics of the wreck.

The day before I left for this trip.

On a side note, the insurance company is letting me keep the fuel tank as a souvenir.

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
Hey Beau! Good to still be able to say that. Those Arkansas deer are the most notorious in the South!

When I saw your thread title I was starting to wonder if it was the 113 Softie or the new-to-you Roadie.
Definitely sucks to hear about the painful encounter with those four-legged killers.

But, you made it out the other side to ride another day. Take your time healing up, Buddie.

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
That sucks.. It sounds like you will be made whole physically and monetarily so it definitely could have been worse.

Look at it as an opportunity to start fresh on a new scoot when our thumb is all better :)

Good luck brutha :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Sorry to hear what happened, but very glad you are OK!

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Man I hate to hear this! Hope your thumb and the rest of you is back in action soon. Guess on the bright side you hadn't gotten your new engine parts installed yet!

·
******* Extraordinaire
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man I hate to hear this! Hope your thumb and the rest of you is back in action soon. Guess on the bright side you hadn't gotten your new engine parts installed yet!
Yeah, I guess that's a positive! So, if anyone is interested, I have a GMR Performance 98" kit headed my way that I can't use anytime soon......with Diamond Cut heads and jugs, R&R cam plate, R&R525 cams, etc......

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Hey man, that is a bummer for sure...but all-in-all you were lucky! I know that doesn't help much...but trust me - a thumb (injury) is a small price to pay...I've got screws and rods holding me together...good luck with everything and feel better!

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
Glad you are mostly OK, it could have been a lot worse. I will refrain from saying you were lucky...I used to hate that...

Looks like a good opp to do some customization! (I assume your bike isn't totaled).

rkc

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey man, that is a bummer for sure...but all-in-all you were lucky! I know that doesn't help much...but trust me - a thumb (injury) is a small price to pay...I've got screws and rods holding me together...good luck with everything and feel better!
I KNEW you had a screw loose!!!!! :hystria:

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
Believe OP said it was a total, Cole.

How's Mrs. Beaureed taking the incident, Beau? Is she looking forward to your increased quality time with Junior?

You know, diapers can be changed with one hand and a little practice :redrolf:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts