V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/09/03/europe/EU-GEN-Britain-Lady-Beefeater.php

I'm all for women and equality. Same work, same pay sort of stuff. But as I see it western society is in a down-fall. Women want to have babies with women. They want to wear pants. Now they render 500 years of historic British custom neutered. Kudos must be in order to the feminine gender. I guess the Brits didn't really have a custom any how, otherwise they would have insisted she sew a pecker between her legs. I simply shake my head at society's willingness to reduce a man and a woman's valued role in society to the equivalent of pablum. Is it any wonder Islam doesn't want to be like western societies?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
geoffreyt said:
OK, maybe I dont. I have learned that men and women are not the same. I learned that probably as a child in diapers and it still seems so today.
Equality doesn't mean that we're the same. You REALLY don't have a clue, do you?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
geoffreyt said:
Let me know when the ladies say its OK for you to pee in the ladies room.
They probably wouldn't have a problem with you doing so now as long as you promised not to whiz all over the toilet lid.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
there must have been a reason that the Playboy clubs didn't have male bunnies. Of course, they are out of business now.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
geoffreyt said:
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/09/03/europe/EU-GEN-Britain-Lady-Beefeater.php

I'm all for women and equality. Same work, same pay sort of stuff. But as I see it western society is in a down-fall. Women want to have babies with women. They want to wear pants. Now they render 500 years of historic British custom neutered. Kudos must be in order to the feminine gender. I guess the Brits didn't really have a custom any how, otherwise they would have insisted she sew a pecker between her legs. I simply shake my head at society's willingness to reduce a man and a woman's valued role in society to the equivalent of pablum. Is it any wonder Islam doesn't want to be like western societies?
First off lets not make this a man vs. woman thread. These type are no different than the racial threads. So lets keep the respect for both sides and deal with it in a civil manner.

Second, It's not about equality, it's about respect. Everybody knows their role. She served her 22 years just like the men she stand beside. Any ladies or gentlemen who can do that deserves my respect. :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Carrie said:
First off lets not make this a man vs. woman thread. These type are no different than the racial threads. So lets keep the respect for both sides and deal with it in a civil manner.

Second, It's not about equality, it's about respect. Everybody knows their role. She served her 22 years just like the men she stand beside. Any ladies or gentlemen who can do that deserves my respect. :)
I’m primarily in agreement with you but unfortunately there are those with very limited perspectives as to what constitutes "respect" or one's "role" or perceived place in our culture. For those individuals enlightenment may only be attained via a better understanding of equality regardless of whether we are speaking about gender, race, religious beliefs, sexuality, lifestyle or even one's drug of choice for that matter. It is my opinion that respect and equality are intertwined as are the notions of justice and freedom.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
zoo said:
I’m primarily in agreement with you but unfortunately there are those with very limited perspectives as to what constitutes "respect" or one's "role" or perceived place in our culture. For those individuals enlightenment may only be attained via a better understanding of equality regardless of whether we are speaking about gender, race, religious beliefs, sexuality, lifestyle or even one's drug of choice for that matter. It is my opinion that respect and equality are intertwined as are the notions of justice and freedom.
That is so true. I can be open minded. :)

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm happy to say I don't want women to be like men. As a man I don't want to be like a woman. I don't have any gender confusion. I'm not threatened by the opposite sex nor am I envious of them. I like being male. If the custom of being male, in the domain of the male, is to be diluted by women who want to be like men, I think it does a disservice to each gender.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
geoffreyt said:
I'm happy to say I don't want women to be like men. As a man I don't want to be like a woman. I don't have any gender confusion. I'm not threatened by the opposite sex nor am I envious of them. I like being male. If the custom of being male, in the domain of the male, is to be diluted by women who want to be like men, I think it does a disservice to each gender.

OK^rolleyez^

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
geoffreyt said:
I'm not trying to bust your chops but that you apparently feel that there are set guidelines that neatly define the male vs female role in society and that there exists a means by which one might actually "dilute" the other indicates to me that you are indeed confused as it relates to gender issues.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
geoffreyt said:
Customs help make us who we are. They define who we are. I think they are healthy.
I think what you apparently consider to be customs are unhealthy when they deny the right of others to be who they are. I think there is another word for that rather than "customs".

Prejudice and bigotry comes to mind, not that I am accusing you of such.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts