V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1998 1200custom and the seat that was on it is to wide, does anyone have a suggestion for a seat that is made or at least comfortable in the front for a woman?

·
Registered
6 Posts
badlander seat

hi,

i shopped for a variety of seats before settling for the HD Badlander seat. The aftermarket companies build really nice seats too. The main difference i found was in the closed cell foam used in the badlander seat vs. the open cell foams used in the tall cushy seats. The seat is firm but it feels consistant even after a 300 mile ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Saddlemanseat

I got the Saddleman Take Charge Seat. It very narrow in the front and id gel filled, and has a low profile look on the 1200. It is also gel filled. Nanci

·
Registered
381 Posts
There are many aftermarket seats out there, but you have to decide what it is your looking for. Narrower, lower, gel pads, etc...

Mustang, Corbin, LaPera, Saddleman all make good seats. I prefer the Mustang I have, but it raises you off the ground and forward about 1 inch. It is wider in the front and more rounded. It has good fit and finish and a very respectable price.

Try the websites for the different manufacturers to see what they have to offer. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
ronf
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing