V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Stop in and post often in 2006. We want to hear of your adventures! :yes:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Been busy with the kids and way too many holiday projects so just saw this today...thanks! Happy Holidays to everyone and I'm really looking forward to being more active in the new year

·
YU12NO?
6 Posts
Greetings from Sin City!

Hey girls! New here and I just wanted to introduce myself. Just bought my first bike (2005 sportster xl1200) back in October and now I am obsessed. I've been wrenching on it myself (I'm an electrician by trade) to get it to represent me and I'm just about there. I like to talk to other lady bikers and exchange stories or get pointers on rides, accessories, tech talk, etc. Anyways, hello and hope to chat with ya soon!

LadyBiker
Las Vegas, NV:sofa:

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
LadyBiker said:
Hey girls! New here and I just wanted to introduce myself. Just bought my first bike (2005 sportster xl1200) back in October and now I am obsessed. I've been wrenching on it myself (I'm an electrician by trade) to get it to represent me and I'm just about there. I like to talk to other lady bikers and exchange stories or get pointers on rides, accessories, tech talk, etc. Anyways, hello and hope to chat with ya soon!

LadyBiker
Welcome Cheeka! Thanks for the intro!

·
Banned
254 Posts
Not a "new comer", but I haven't posted often, or consistently.

Thought I'd jump in, since I'm planning to put lots of miles on in '06.
Women riders are growing, but still few and far between... can't hurt to keep in touch with those that do. Who knows, maybe some of us will meet up this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to VTwin Forum

Good morning fellow lady bikers...I am not new to riding but I am new to this forum. I currently have an '04 VRod (my4th street bike) and I am loving it! It looks like 2006 is going to be a great year for riding - look forward to seeing you all out on the road!

·
Registered
7 Posts
heh there girls

I am new to this site. Have been riding about 2 years. Started with an 883 Hugger, sold it and got a 2002 low rider. Love it, since I'm not very tall I thought the low rider was the best fit for me. Been on a few runs Laughlin once, Street Vibrations 5 times. Three times now on my own bike. Have a house in Reno so it makes it nice for that one. Any ways glad to see this forum it looks like a lot of fun. Nice to have gals to talk to about the bikes. Dizzy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dizzy14 said:
I am new to this site. Have been riding about 2 years. Started with an 883 Hugger, sold it and got a 2002 low rider. Love it, since I'm not very tall I thought the low rider was the best fit for me. Been on a few runs Laughlin once, Street Vibrations 5 times. Three times now on my own bike. Have a house in Reno so it makes it nice for that one. Any ways glad to see this forum it looks like a lot of fun. Nice to have gals to talk to about the bikes. Dizzy
Welcome, nice to have you along for the ride:welcome:

·
Registered
340 Posts
LadyBiker said:

LadyBiker
Welcome, pleased to meet you. I have the same bike as you and am having a blast myself.

·
Registered
340 Posts
lilredmotorider said:
Good morning fellow lady bikers...I am not new to riding but I am new to this forum. I currently have an '04 VRod (my4th street bike) and I am loving it! It looks like 2006 is going to be a great year for riding - look forward to seeing you all out on the road!
Welcome, hope you like it here. Everyone is really nice. I am new. See ya soon.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
lilredmotorider said:
Question - has anyone here done the Republic of Texas rally?
You might get more of a response if you post this question in the Southwest Forum or on the General Forum. My apologies if this was directed to the the ladies of the forum. I have never been that deep south before...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not a biggie. I am coming from So. California so it is going to be one hell of a ride anyway.....I am going to be posting the same question (different thread) later. I guess I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
New to the forums!

Hello everyone! My name is Erin and I'm new to the forum. I have an '07 FXDB (Street Bob) that I've owned for almost a year now. I haven't put as many miles on it as I should and I need to take better care of it. I'm making 2008 my year to be a better bike owner. Sounds crazy that I should NEED to remind myself of this, but I do. I used to ride with my husband, but he's active duty Army and gone for a whole year, so I haven't been getting out. Finally I'm going to join my local HOG chapter and put some money/time/effort/miles on my bike. I've put a couple new things on my bike today, in the effort to black it out. It's not the best picture, but it's the most accessible right now. Gives you a good idea of what I've got - I'll try to post more later.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2125839&l=04527&id=749410593

Glad to be here! I'm not totally handy, but I'm a fast learner whose being forced to do things on her own, so I'll probably have a bunch of questions for everyone! Nice to meet you all!

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Hello

Hi y'all. I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to riding. I have a 2007 Road King that I just got a couple months ago. I've ridden everything from Sportys to a Street Glide and now the RK in my brief time riding. I'm excited about the new bike Harley just released, the Cross Bones. Looks like it will be a very cute ride. Hope everyone has a happy and safe 2008.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the Ladies Lair Erin and Lyndy. Women are a rare breed around here so it's good to see you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the Ladies Lair Erin and Lyndy. Women are a rare breed around here so it's good to see you!
Glad to be here! I can definitely see though how another woman felt like she was being ignored in the "other" forums. :confused: Oh well, I'll see where it gets me. Thanks ladies!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New From Florida

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 2006 softail that I love. I am a new rider (almost). I am still trying to learn to ride. Passed the MSF test in November (can't believe I passed since I had never really been on a motorcycle except as a rider,except twice for a very short time), practiced a few times thru out the holidays on my softail, had a fall and decided to go down a notch so I am learning on a honda rebel that we just got this past weekend. So far it has just been in parking lots and around my block. I am 59 years old so I don't know if that has anything to do with my fears. I have been riding for years with my husband and decided I wanted to do it on my own. He is all for it and has been riding a harley for about 30 years. Looking forward to riding together.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 2006 softail that I love. I am a new rider (almost). I am still trying to learn to ride. Passed the MSF test in November (can't believe I passed since I had never really been on a motorcycle except as a rider,except twice for a very short time),

practiced a few times thru out the holidays on my softail, had a fall and decided to go down a notch so I am learning on a honda rebel that we just got this past weekend.

So far it has just been in parking lots and around my block. I am 59 years old so I don't know if that has anything to do with my fears. I have been riding for years with my husband and decided I wanted to do it on my own. He is all for it and has been riding a harley for about 30 years. Looking forward to riding together.
Maybe you think the softail may be too heavy for you?

Glad you weren't hurt and have kept practicin. I'm sure you'll know

what you can handle. nice too meet ya.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts