V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a FXD with mag wheels on order a week ago. I wanted to change the order to add laced wheels for an additional $320.00. The dealer told me it was too late for the change by the manufacturer. So I asked if they could do the change at the shop, and he told me no. IS it too late, or is the dealer just too lazy to do this for me?

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
In my opinion I would stick with the mags. If you get a flat you can plug a tire on a mag. With spokes you have a tube and have to take the tire off the rim for repairs. If you really have to have the spokes they can be changed but they won't do it for $320 dollars, you'll most likely have to buy the other rims and pay labor to have them changed. Did you put a deposit down ?? You could cancel your order (or threaten to ) and see if that gets you anywhere. Are you paying MSRP ??? If not and I didn't put a deposit down I might look elsewhere if they don't want to work with you !!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am paying msrp plus $400.00 freight & setup. I went to the other dealer in my area and it turns out the dealer I am purchasing from owns the other shop! Go figure!!

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
I read here on the forum recently that there are lots of places in PA selling for MSRP. Maybe some of the PA forum members can tell you where. If you don't have a deposit down, I'd tell 'em to stick it and go elsewhere. This isn't the only dealer in the state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts