V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a seat to replace my stock 01 FX seat. Does anyone have a La Pera? If so, what are your thoughts. They look like good seats with a decent price tag.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have owned two Lepera seats: a Sorrento on a Road King and a Maverick on a Road Glide. I liked both seats. They were comfortable, mile after mile, and they looked pretty damn good. The Sorrento was a lower profile seat and had a bit more sleek design to it. The Maverick had better/ higher lower back support. I would buy another Lepera. May only complaint with Lepera is that their seats don't allow a backrest to be installed...........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sissy Bar

Thanks for the quick response. Can you explain why the seat wont allow for a sissy bar.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
404 Posts
You can run a sissybar with a backpad on them for your girl. The above post was commenting that Le Pera doesn't offer a back rest for the driver like Corbin, HD or Mustang does.

I run a Le Pera Monterey. Had it custom fitted from them. Also looked at the Monterey and it is an awesome seat, I just wanted to go with a Solo Seat and bolt the passenger pillion on only when the Mrs. is going to ride with me.

My experience with Le Pera has been awesome and I intend to use them again in the future.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I've got a LePera Monterey Solo with the added gel pad on my Heritage Classic. When I first got it I liked it but the back part seemed too close for me and I kept wanting to push it back. This winter I drillled out the rivets and pulled the covering from the rear part of the seat, trimmed about 3/8 inch from the back foam and put the cover back on with small sheet metal screws and washers. (Too cheap to buy a rivet tool!) Now the seat is absolutely perfect, and I can ride for hours with no problem at all. I never even think about the seat anymore. That is as good as you can get!

LePera will send you an uncovered seat and you can mark it where you want it changed. I should have done this. I didn't because I would have had to pay list price. Instead I got mine from Discount Cycle Parts at a big discount. The LePera is a good quality seat and I am really happy with mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also looking into Le Pera for a seat. I was looking at the cobra seat for a 2002 sportster. I commute 40 miles a day thru traffic one way and my stock seat is killing me. The only worry i have about the cobra seat is how thin it is. Does anyone ride on a cobra, if so how is it? Has anyone rode the le pera seats with and without the gel? is there a big difference. The other option i was thinking of was to buy a seat pan and build a seat using temper foam and having it covered but that would take time and my butt wont last that long. Does anyone have a temper foam seat? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts