V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Has anyone used the Kurayakyn Wild Thing TC-1G cam? What do you think of it versus an Andrews 26G?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Go to the Harley Tech Talk site and you will find some very nice Wild Thing dyno charts. Some very impressive numbers from tc-1's and tc-2's.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I will not names but lets say a certain person that is onother boards is now there cam guru, so they are trying to get into the performance world and get a bite of the action. Heads, t/b cams, and so on. There are guys that have dynoed these kits , I will send you in the right direction and you can see the sheets, Harley tech talk. I am not a stone thrower so I will let you look around.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks HDwrench I appreciate all the info I can get. The WT cams are about another 100 bucks more than the Andrews. I want to know if it is worth it. I am comparing the WT TC-1G to the 26G.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
that's one of the last companies I'd consider buying cams from.

Same here. Everything from them seems so "noveltyish". I feel like the cams are just for show or something and would just crumble if the bike was actually ran. But I really know nothing about them.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Mike Roland is the cam designer and in the World of Harley performance is pretty well respected. Go to the Harley Tech Talk site and check the dyno graphs for yourselves before judging too harshly. Doug of World Class tuning has put out some pretty good numbers in anybody's book using Wild thing cams.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Im runnin the TC 1-g. in a 2001 bagger. Cams aint crumbled yet, tho the stock ones did. These cams seem to do what they are suppose to do...give you better low.midrange hp and torque. Lots less gearing down climbing hills, specially noticeable running 2 up. Bike gets really reponsive above 2500 rpm and makes quicker passing a breeze. Im sure I coulda got more out of em but im running the stock MM Efi with a K&N air filter under the stock cover. Using the SE Race Fueler is probably a weak point to. Overall im satisfied with these cams, but I've never ridden any other similar bikes using different cams.
Good luck and safe ridin.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
My impression is that any of the major manufacturers have cams that will work. It really depends on your riding style. Pick the manufacturer that your comfortable with and use their cam for that syle of riding. There is no 100% perfect cam/head/engine combo. Look at the dyno graphs of independant origins, and make your call. Around here you'll hear Andrews, Woods, and S&S most often.

Really, all the above was BS, I just wanted my 300th post! :xhere:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts