V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Guitar Dude
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas, I called Kuryakyn this morning about getting some halogen Silver Bullets for my FXD. The guy said that they just fit Wide Glide models, and he has none available for my bike. I have a hard believing that that could be true. I called hoping to order a set, but instead I'm now lost about what to do about my directional situation (stockers). I'm thinking about Harley's Bullet Style turn signals (#68005-99). Is that a good alternative? Also thinking about just stopping by the dealership and see what Harley can do for lighting. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Kuryakyn Silver Bullets fit on my '03 FXD forks at the lower triple clamp just fine. Not sure what my part number was.

T113

·
Guitar Dude
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks trooper, I specified a front set that sits under the mirrors/handlebars, but it was odd that the set you have wasn't suggested to me as an alternative. I'll see what Harley can do. Maybe they can set me up with a set similar to what came on the Deuce.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I put the halogen Silver Bullets on my 98 fxd last summer, their kit includes mounts for both 39 and 41mm forks, so the same part number can be used for either wide or narrow glide models, just use the mounts that fit your bike and toss the rest---check their website for details, they work great and look cool----------

·
Guitar Dude
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, thanks Bob. I didn't really want to relocate them, just replace them. I'm stopping by the dealership today. Every part on my bike, except the cam, is Harley, so if I can get something cool from Harley, that would be great. With all the different directional lighting systems Harley makes, I should be able to put something together. We'll see.

·
Guitar Dude
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up getting the Harley bullet kit. The install looks more involved than I thought (lots of hardware and two pages of instructions), but it should be fun, I hope. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a place in Hollister called (I think) Revenge cycle parts, they go to some of the shows. They have great deals on lights. My husband got some nice small Hallogen ones for his custom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts