V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the rear turn signal controller from Kuryakyn and installed it yesterday. It is a simple plug in that converts the rear turn signals to include brake lights and running lights. It utilizes the stock single filament bulbs and housings. It doesn't come with the red lenses to make it legal in some states but they are available at about $4.00 each from various suppliers. It also allows 4 way flasher capability which some kits do not. I know that Harley Davidson makes the converter for the turn and brake conversion but doesn't include running lights. I was also told by a dealer that this kit is discontinued but they still can be found. I'm wondering if HD is going to a three way like Kuryakyn has. It seems the only way to go for increased visibility. Anyway, the Kuryakyn converter is $39.95 and is only a five minute install job....remove the seat, plug it in, and replace seat.

Later guys,

B

·
0 Posts
I installed the Kuryakyn unit on my FXDXT a few months ago and am very happy with it. It was on sale for $29.95 when I got it. I had my dealer look up the part# of the red lenses inside the H-D brake/turn conversion kit, and ordered them for $2.50 each.

·
Registered
56 Posts
sounds good

that sounds like a gret idea...think i'll try it, anything to make ya more visible is good.

p.s.: i thought i was the only dyna rider here for the lack of posts..lol

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Hey Fifth, did you have to put the load eqalizer on it? I got the Harley one before I saw the Kuryakyn. It doesn't give you the running light like Kuryakyn.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dawg said:
Hey Fifth, did you have to put the load eqalizer on it? I got the Harley one before I saw the Kuryakyn. It doesn't give you the running light like Kuryakyn.
Yes. The load equalizer comes with it, is very small and plugs into the new little harness plug-in. The directions say to try the turn signals with the brake applied and if they do not blink then to use the little load equalizer. Not much to the whole thing in size. But I had to use it.

Thanks for asking dawg,

B

·
0 Posts
I did not need the equalizer when I put the Kuryakyn on my FXDXT, but I'm keeping it in the pile with the rest of my 'spare' parts in case some other change I make alters the equation enough to need it ... :rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
kuryakyn brake run turn signal module

i just had to send mine back due to intermittent functioning problems.the unit i had was 4864.fred over at kuryakyn is sending me a new one part number 4861 and suggested that you should use the load equalizer and if you ever get stuck(ie) run out of gas, or any reason to use the fourways unplug the module.ill let you guys know how it works when i get the new part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts