·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing some work on the deuce today and noticed that two
of the three mounting brackets that come with the Kuryakyn
Inner primary cover were broken in two. Right about where it
bolts into the Primary cover. I've only had this cover on since
January 02 and have only logged 2,000 on the bike since then!

What gives? Anyone else noticed that Kuryakyn quality might
not be the best? So, I'm off to their website to try and order
new brackets.

nickp.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have their mirrors with the led signals in them, their small silver bullet led rear turn signals, and their extended forward controls on my Fatboy. I just put the stuff on my bike recently, but so far so good. The fit and finish seemed perfect on all their parts. Their forward controls were also packaged up nice and neat in foam to protect them and came with pretty straight forward instructions. Again, I just put this stuff on recently, but I'm happy so far.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Nickp, I posted a request for feedback on KuryaKyn quality (mirrors) maybe 6 weeks ago or so (you might try the search function). I got nearly all favorable responses. I then bought the mirrors and so far, maybe 4 weeks& 3,000 miles ,have been very pleased w/ the quality. One was broken when i received it ( the glass) and they replaced it with no questions. greg

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
nickp,

I too have some KuryAkyn parts on my scoot; Iso-Stirrups, pegs, grips and Hypercharger. They are all of high quality!

I emailed thier customer service dept. regarding thier logo emblazoned across the trap door of the black powdercoated Hypercharger and my dislike of the asthetics because of this. I also mentioned my desire for a set of chrome butterflies to replace the black ones. They sent me a plain trap door along with the chrome flies free of charge.

I've since learned that KuryAkyn now supplies H-D with thier line of genuine motor accessories grips, pegs and various chrome doo-dads.

All in all, nice stuff and great customer service. Give them a shout and they will most likely make good on your defective parts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.. I spoke with customer service at Kuryakyn earlier this evening and it was a pleasant call.
They are going to ship me new brackets free of charge. That's cool.. As long as they stand behind their stuff. I too have a couple other Kuryakyn doo dads on the deuce and have been quite happy with the quality and fit.
I did ask my local HD parts if they've seen these brackets break, they said yes. Maybe a bad design? Not sure.

nickp.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
nickp said:
Thanks for the replies.. I spoke with customer service at Kuryakyn earlier this evening and it was a pleasant call.
They are going to ship me new brackets free of charge. <snip>
nickp.
BINGO!;)

This is the way all product manufacturers should treat their customers. Thanks for the update, nickp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts