V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally looking at replacing the stock mirrors on my 2002 1200 Custom. Has anyone installed the long or short stem Kuryakyn Magnum mirrors on stock drag bars? One local shop hear says that the short stem on the drag bars will not let you see over your shoulders.

Also do the Magnum mirrors reduce the vibration and allow you to see behind you? Any problem with the right side having the turn signal attached to the stem of the mirror?

Any advice is appreciated, these pencil mirrors gotta go........:eek:

Chromin on the Coast

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mirrors

Well I had 84 looks and only 1 thread, I got the Kuryakyn mirrors and they are the best thing I did to my Sportster other than the Yost tube. The mirror vibration is gone. I can see clearly behind me, it is a joy to ride now. Wish I have done it sooner. And the Yost tube, a definite difference in throttle response and acceleration.

Zoom zoom can't wait to ride again.:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
gachchrome, what exactly is the Yost tube? Which Kuryakyn mirrors did you get, the standards or the plus(they recommend them for straight/drag bars)....Any pics?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hoggin, I have the Magnum plus mirrors with the long stem. No more vibration and I can see very well at all rpms. The Yost tube can be found at the following link. Simply stated it atomizes the fuel going into the throttle body.

http://www.yostperformance.com

·
Registered
50 Posts
gachrome,

Are your mirrors the large or small heads? Flat or Convex glass? I'm interested in these also if they stop the vibration, can't believe the MOCO gives you the crappy mirrors that come with the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mirrors are the Magnum Plus, large head with convex glass w/ long stem. A slight vibration at certain rpm's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts