V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to install one tomorrow and I'm reading the instructions and have a question. The yellow and white wire under the speedometer that I'm supposed to cut and tape off then tie it into the grey kuryakyn wire. If I do this do I loose my low fuel light on the dash?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I believe the yellow/white wire is the fuel level output signal. So if you cut it and connect it to the kuryakyn unit, the stock light will no longer function.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
road_king said:
I believe the yellow/white wire is the fuel level output signal. So if you cut it and connect it to the kuryakyn unit, the stock light will no longer function.
I'll call them tomorrow but I wonder what would be the harm in splicing into it instead of cutting so I can have both work? Beats me I'll find out tomorrow I guess.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
If you don't follow the directions you will end up with a full fuel light in the dash. I havn't looked at the wiring diagram to see how this happens, but it does. Ask me how I know.:crying:
The Kuryakyn guage will blink at you when you get low on fuel. On mine the last quarter of a tank goes fast, beware the first few times out.:yikes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After reading the instructions I cut the gray wire off since I don't have an 04 model fuel injection I have an 06...well guess what, the instructions they sent are out dated and I needed the gray wire...isn't that a pisser. I emailed and called them to explain what happened. I'm hoping to get a new one since they screwed it up with the wrong instructions. I found that out when I printed out instructions from their site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts