V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
IMO stay away from Kuryakn. People know how good of customer serive they have, cause they need to use.

My experience, is they make junk.

·
Registered
977 Posts
KenInVic,

I have the Kuryakyn footpeg mounts, and the offset that you are asking about. I also ust the Kuryakyn wedge shaped footboards with rubber inserts instead of footpegs, and the whole setup works and looks very good.

The Kuryakyn mount does not slip on the crash bar like the H-D POS mounts did. They stay tight and in place. Chrome is good, thay are high quality products.

Clearance to the outside of the lowers is tight, probably only about 1/4 inch, but no problems and no scratches on the lowers either.

Being shorter, I do like the extra distance that the offsets bring the footboards back towards me, plus they are curved to the outside to clear the lowers. When my feet are on the boards, there is no touching the paint on the lowers with my boot heels. On long trips, the Kuryakyn setup provides a lot of comfort.

This picture with the board on the right side in the up position gives an idea of how far the offset brings the board back to the rear:

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaveT said:
KenInVic,

I have the Kuryakyn footpeg mounts, and the offset that you are asking about. I also ust the Kuryakyn wedge shaped footboards with rubber inserts instead of footpegs, and the whole setup works and looks very good.

The Kuryakyn mount does not slip on the crash bar like the H-D POS mounts did. They stay tight and in place. Chrome is good, thay are high quality products.

Clearance to the outside of the lowers is tight, probably only about 1/4 inch, but no problems and no scratches on the lowers either.

Being shorter, I do like the extra distance that the offsets bring the footboards back towards me, plus they are curved to the outside to clear the lowers. When my feet are on the boards, there is no touching the paint on the lowers with my boot heels. On long trips, the Kuryakyn setup provides a lot of comfort.

This picture with the board on the right side in the up position gives an idea of how far the offset brings the board back to the rear:

Thanks, hard to see in the photo.. but are those are the same parts? 7966 and 7944. Nice looking bike btw!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts