V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a set of Kuryakyn Silver Bullet lights for the front of my FXD. Nice lights...look great. When I installed them Saturday, one of the 35 watt halogen bulbs didn't work. I tried a 10 watt bulb I had on hand for my landscape lighting and it worked fine other than a very obvious brightness difference.

I went to the Kuryakyn site and sent them a courteous email asking for a replacement bulb. Their one-line reply? "No problem." Business courtesy/customer service 101 would indicate something like: "Thank you for buying our lights. We're sorry you had difficulty with them and will send you a replacement bulb."

"No problem"???? Gimmee a break. I assume they are sending a replacement bulb, but after spending nearly $100 on their lights, "no problem" is all the reply I get when their product is defective? Surely they realize we have choices of products to buy. "No problem" indeed.
:(

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ah, I dunno, I kinda like a company with a laid back attitude, understand your point though, any customer has spent some $$ there. I like it when you ask for something and get the "no problem" answer.

Means I don't have to argue with them as to whether they will fix the issue. That is, of course unless they don't follow through... :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
i agree with fatboy - if you get a replacement asap without a hassle, then the no problem answer, to me, means you were actually answered by somebody who took the time to think and type, rather than just send you a stock reply. anyways, as long as you get your bulb .....

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I would have thought at least a "sorry for the problem, the bulb will be shipped today" would have been nice. While I agree with you guys that the bottom line is getting the replacement bulb, I'm getting really tired of getting "no problem" replies. More and more, when at a store or a restaurant, my wife or I might say thank you for whatever the waitress or clerk has done and the standard answer is getting to be "no problem". No problem for doing the job they're being paid to do? How about something like "you're welcome" or, perhaps, them thanking us for spending our money there?

·
Registered
266 Posts
What your looking for is rare in deed, common courtesy. Very simple yet forgotten by most these days.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
When I bought their mirrors, one arrived broken. i called and they essentially said "no problem" as well. Sent another one immediately, no charge. I was quite pleased. If I were voting (and I'm not) I'd agree with Fatboy and BigG.

Wait untill someone says 1)it was your fault because you installed it wrong 2) call UPS because they mishandled it or 3) "it was fine when we shipped it" to get upset. jmho

·
Registered
985 Posts
I emailed Kuryakyn requesting info on their pro charger for EFI..
They promply sent a .pdf file with all specs and break down pix'.
After evaluating the file, I realized this is something that won't work right with EFI.
Glad I didn't buy, but great customer service!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
While "no problem" is a NOT polished, professional thing to say, KuryAkyn has a rep. as a solid company that stands behind it's products. If you have a problem with one of their products, then there is "no problem" in getting it replaced. They just do it.

For me, my main concern would be getting the defective part quickly replaced, and I'm not trying to be smart, with "no problem".

·
Registered
409 Posts
"no problem" is a lot better than "your problem".
In this day and age I would be very happy to get a "no problem" reply to any aftersales complaint.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pasadenajim said:
While "no problem" is a NOT polished, professional thing to say, KuryAkyn has a rep. as a solid company that stands behind it's products. If you have a problem with one of their products, then there is "no problem" in getting it replaced. They just do it. For me, my main concern would be getting the defective part quickly replaced, and I'm not trying to be smart, with "no problem".
Like I said earlier, I'm getting the part....no problem. Kuyakyn isn't a dime store operation and I just expected a more professional answer than "no problem".

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think the difficulty with the "no problem" response was in the medium it was given. If a salesman told you that in person, you could easily see how the statement was meant to be given and there would be little left for interpretation. Getting the same response in writing, leaves too much for interpretation and deciphiring...:)

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I concur with Roaddawg. I emailed them once regarding my displeasure with their moniker emblazoned on the trap door of my Hypercharger. The responce was similar. I received a plain trap door and a set of chrome butterflies free of charge within a week.

SS

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think that "No Problem" is fine IF there would have been an explanation as to what they were doing and when. But I wouldn't fault them for it as they did replace the light

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good reply roaddawg.Also think of how many replies they do a day.Just being short and sweet.As long as you get what you need,NO PROBLEM.Also in your career in law enforcement how many people were'nt happy with your reply.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
feistyman said:
Good reply roaddawg.Also think of how many replies they do a day.Just being short and sweet.As long as you get what you need,NO PROBLEM.Also in your career in law enforcement how many people were'nt happy with your reply.
A lot were, a lot weren't....depended on the circumstances. I always tried to give people more than a two word answer and an explanation of what was going on.

Getting the replacement part with no hassle is cool and they should be commended for that. Kuryakyn is a good company that makes good products. I wasn't initially sure what the "no problem" reply all by itself meant and thought more explanation of what they were going to do would have been appropriate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.