V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

O.K guys, here they are. I'm off today, (28 years at the same place has it's privilages) and it's 55 degrees so I'm going riding. This will be brief so I'll fill in the details later. Finally got a digital camera and I'm sorry for the size but I haven't quite got it down yet. The lights are smaller than I thought but I like them. You can see that they are definitely bright. Installation was not too bad but I've got some tips I'll share later. They could be installed at the top triple tree pinch bolt but access to the mounting bolt is tricky. I'll check with y'all later

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
They look great Dawg!!! It looks like they are bright. I know that there are several members here who are waiting to hear a night riding report on the light pattern and such. I'm glad you got a digital camera. It makes it nice and easy to grab a snapshot and post it for us. Tell us about the installation for sure and your encounters/tips. Thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
i like those lights

Hey dawg i like those lights can you tell us the cost and part numbers? i need them on my DYNA. let us know how they work at night. o great looking Dyna?

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Re: Kury Bullets...

Dawg,

Nice touch! Do they work as good as they look?

Been lusting after a set for some time. Couldn't decide between the Kurys or the Lazer Star. I believe the Kurys are a bit more reasonably priced.

Did you know KuryAkyn is making Harleys P&A custom grips and pegs for them now?

Mike

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kuryakyn (A bit long)

I'm a little late responding about these lights. I've had some kind of 'bug' and the weather here has been lousy so I haven't had a chance to properly check them out. They seem to light the area to the sides and about fifteen feet in front of the bike. That is perfect for me as I live in a rural area with no street lights and very deep 'ditches on either side of the road (actually more like gullies). I haven't tried covering the headlight to see what they are like alone but will try that soon. As for the part numbers, I ordered #2327 which are the large bullets for the 39mm front end and were listed at $89.95. What I received was #2326, $39.95 which aren't listed in the catalog nor online, same lights, works for me. I learned a bit on the installation. The instructions say to loosen the triple tree pinch bolts with an allen head wrench. Don't do it. You need a 'T' or Torx head socket. I almost ruined the stock pinch bolt before I figured that out. The stock bolt is replaced by a nice chrome flush mount bolt but the point is moot if you ruin the head of the stock one. Also, use anti-seize on the bolts that mount the lights. Took me a damn hour to remove the first one after a trial fit. I opted to tie the wires into the blue wire from the left turn signal running light where it runs under the front of the fuel tank. The wiring diagram shows that circuit as a single loop so I only cut into one harness and tied all three wires. I'm very happy with these lights. They're probably not for everyone but I like the look, the performance is adequate, and the price was definitely fair. Sorry to ramble but I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Kuryakyn Bullets

Just installed the same lights on my 01 DWG. Got the small bullets and used the amber lens as run/turn on the front and the red lens as run/turn/stop on the rear. Of course you need a compensator ( $30.00) for each pair. Not exactly DOT approved but they look great and I'm very happy with the halogen vs the LED lights. $99 pr from Kuryakyn or $86 from Parts Direct.

B

·
0 Posts
Now that you've had them on a few months, are you happy with the quality? Any chrome problems? I can't tell from the pics whether or not the triple tree mount will work with the mini-fairing on my FXDXT, guess I could always put them on the frame if they won't fit there.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They still look like new and I'm pleased with the way they work. The light pattern is perfect for the area that I do most of my riding. i.e. No Street Lights. I don't know about the fairing but Kuryakyn has several options for these lights. They have great customer service. Just e-mail your question and they respond quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts