V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Wanted To Know If Anyone Has A Hyper Charger Or A Twin Velocity And How They Perform?i Have A 2006 Night Train W/ Carb. I Heard People Have Had Trouble With Them In The Rain.local Harley Dealer Says Better Off To Go With Screaming Eagle Stage 1 Kit Or Arlen Ness Big Sucker.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Works great, looks great; been discussed (pros/cons) many times here; so a search will yield many returns.

stock hyper is good up to 90hp before it will start costing you gains.

Pro hyper good to 100hp.

Twin velocity good to 100hp.

ProR hyper good to 140+hp.

The stinger trap door on the stock hyper will let you run up to 130hp.

Some people hate them and will run them down no matter what. I say if you like the looks, you can find the power. I like the looks of mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was under the impression that just a stage 1 ac kit or something similar allowed more are than the stick cv carb could take in. So without changing the carb more air meant nothing. Is that right??

And then the valves would need to be ported as well, right?? Then force in more air.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Dragon_MD said:
I was under the impression that just a stage 1 ac kit or something similar allowed more are than the stick cv carb could take in. So without changing the carb more air meant nothing. Is that right??

And then the valves would need to be ported as well, right?? Then force in more air.
The stock CV carb will serve well probably 90% of peoples bikes. It breathes freely enough for atleast 90hp with proper rejetting of course...and most people don't build there bikes up beyond this.

The stage I air cleaner kit comes with a high flow air filter that should be pretty much equivalent to the after market offerings EXCEPT in longevity. HD changed from a K&N lifetime element to some crappy paper one that they've had problems with.

As far as head porting, I don't think you'd see enough horsepower without the headporting, to ever worry about the stock carb keeping up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seahag said:
The stock CV carb will serve well probably 90% of peoples bikes. It breathes freely enough for atleast 90hp with proper rejetting of course...and most people don't build there bikes up beyond this.

The stage I air cleaner kit comes with a high flow air filter that should be pretty much equivalent to the after market offerings EXCEPT in longevity. HD changed from a K&N lifetime element to some crappy paper one that they've had problems with.

As far as head porting, I don't think you'd see enough horsepower without the headporting, to ever worry about the stock carb keeping up.
So I pretty much blew $100 by putting an Arlen Ness big sucker on my 2005 Night Train?

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
icarus179 said:
So I pretty much blew $100 by putting an Arlen Ness big sucker on my 2005 Night Train?
The Ness big sucker is a quality unit....but if you didn't finish the stage I off with freer breathing exhaust and a rejet of your carb/EFI, then you won't see the power benefits... A motor is an air pump. allowing more air in, while still choking the exit flow, will not allow the motor to breathe fast enough. After you've done both intake and exhaust, then the heads become the next choke point.

The one benefit you'd have with a big sucker, over stock is the filter element is washable/reusable vs the stock paper element.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts