V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I got this out of my system years ago. Playing Freddie Spencer in the twisties. I haven't ridden my sportbike in years, spending all my 2-wheel time on my dirtbike or dual-sport. Then last year, like some dormant instinct written in my DNA, the H-D lust awoke. I'm older now, I thought, I'd rather look good and be comfortable than go fast. Night Train, Low Rider, Deuce. Yeah, one o'them bad boys oughta do. Then I saw that word. The verbal equivalent of t!ts, BIG t!ts. Couldn't pull my eyes away. The word was "SPORT". As in Dyna Super Glide Sport. What's this? Cartridge forks? On a Harley? Triple disc brakes? An upright seating position? t!ts...big t!ts.
Delivery plus two months: I stop by on the 'DX to see an old sport-rider buddy. "Dude, you're not supposed to wear the tires on a Harley this far up!"
So why didn't I buy a Buell, you may ask? If you have to ask, you don't understand.
My name's Dean and I'm a knee dragger

·
Registered
31 Posts
FXDeanX, I'm right there with ya, bro. I've got my eye on an FXDX too. That's a Harley that can get me to give up rice burners.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Angus said:
Does the FXDX really have that much on the FXD?
It's the suspension. Prolly the best ever put on a production Harley. Also a much better max lean angle so you can really get her cranked over. Breath on tha engine some and you're talkin' about some fun canyon carving.

B

·
0 Posts
Jet88 said:
It's the suspension.
Don't forget the second disc up front. Gotta be able to slow before you look, lean and roll ... ;-)

('02 FXDXT ... whatta hotrod ... ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts