V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked really hard at some of the beautiful cruisers out on the market. The Fat Bastard is a really nice softail. Anyone out there have any experience with one and is there any particular dealer that is better to work with. A friend of mine said to watch out for some of the kit bits because of the quality of some of the parts. So what do you guys think?

Thanks,

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
I looked at ordering this kit. If I remember correctly it runs about 10-12k? I am still considering doing a custom project this winter so I continued to search and narrowed down to a company called "******* Engineering". I believe their website is the same name.

Looks as if they offer more bike for less buck. From what I have been told, kit bikes may or may not require additional fabrication once you get all of your parts 100% complete. IE. The frame may need some custom fabrication based on what engine/tranny/configuration you use. Everything is based on what manufacturer put together and then whatever you decide to change/alter from their original setup.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
I would recommend you check on how difficult is will be to insure any kit bikes you would buy before you send out that check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand. I have had several people tell me the same thing. It is still a good idea to look into other avenues before you leap right? I do think that insurance will be the hardest thing to get. Most states will title it.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
The September issue of Easyriders has a pullout section on kit bikes and the different manufacturers and a small article about registering and insuring kit bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts