V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter wants to start riding. She's 10 but very tall for her age very thin however. I'd rather not put her on a kawi 80 because of her height, but a 125 would be too heavy. I have a 175 Honda 4 stroke for her to learn to street ride on, but I'm looking for a 2-stroke dirt bike for here to learn on. Any ideas.?

·
Registered
515 Posts
You might think about Yamaha's RT 100, not as peppy or high strung as the YZ's. Or even the TT series

Whoops..... sorry, these are four strokes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If your looking for a good 4-stroke beginer bike you can look at Honda's XR-100 or there new CRF150. I race the new CRF450 and love the bike. My daughter started on the XR-50 and has moved to the XR-80 but she is only 7. You can look here for Honda's new CRF150

·
Registered
270 Posts
Kawasaki makes two styles of KX 80. One is what they call a "small wheel" and the other is a "big wheel" version.

The bigger one has got larger rims and almost looks like a 125, yet still has the smaller displacement engine.

Good luck

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for all the responses, VincentH, I did not know they made two wheel styles on the 80. 2Deuce, i will check into the yami too. thanx again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts