V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any VTF members going to be at the Charleston Heritage Rally on Saturday April 8?

A group of us are riding up from Hilton Head - we've got hotel rooms and plan on hitting the rally during the day, cleaning up in the rooms then heading back out for the Kid Rock concert that night.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Hey Laurie,
I've been toying with the idea too. I've got the scoot tore apart right now but it should be together by then...just don't know if I should make the drive up while breaking it in. I'll be making a decision first of the week. It should be a good show if the weather holds up!

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gulfstream said:
Hey Laurie,
I've been toying with the idea too. I've got the scoot tore apart right now but it should be together by then...just don't know if I should make the drive up while breaking it in. I'll be making a decision first of the week. It should be a good show if the weather holds up!
Hey John! Let me know if you decide to make the ride - there are at least 4 of us riding up on Saturday. I like the ride to Charleston - we hop on 95 for a short way so you could vary your speed if you're breaking a scoot in. (Also, we have an ace mechanic riding with us!) :)

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
If the weather is good I'll be there friday and saturday.

·
Jersey Girl, Forever
1,906 Posts
I wanna go, but you can guarantee I will be there NEXT YR!

If I knew about it sooner, I would have taken the time off of work, but right now I am in the process of hiring my replacement, and that has to be a priority.

Anything thats going on down there after July 21st, count me in! I don't wanna miss a thing!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am so going to be there. Kid is my favorite and with Billy Lane at the same rally, it don't get no better than that. I'm not riding down though cause I am dragging my husband; he doesn't ride and he won't get on the back :) We'll be camping out at the Kicknhorse Saloon. I have seen Kid Rock in concert four times and it is always a kick a$$ concert!

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cyn said:
I am so going to be there. Kid is my favorite and with Billy Lane at the same rally, it don't get no better than that. I'm not riding down though cause I am dragging my husband; he doesn't ride and he won't get on the back :) We'll be camping out at the Kicknhorse Saloon. I have seen Kid Rock in concert four times and it is always a kick a$$ concert!
You are SO right on, Cyn! I've seen Kid Rock twice and Billy Lane once - looking forward to seeing BOTH again!

Looks like a couple of you will be camping at KicknHorse. My husband and I are going to ride up to Myrtle Beach on Sunday to celebrate our 1-year wedding anniversary - maybe we'll have to stop in there and check it out. We actually blew off plans to go back to Vegas where we got married to see Kid Rock. LOL! Hey - priorities, ya know!

I'd try to set up an eyeball but I'm not familiar with the layout there at the rally. Just keep an eye out for a 5'10" blonde covered in tattoos and my husband who has BLONDE hair and a goatee that actually looks like a goat. LOL! There are pics of us in my gallery - the link is below.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Someone told me that on the radio here (VA) they were giving away trips to Vegas to see Kid Rock. I haven't heard it yet though....

I met Billy Lane when he came to town when Gary from Milwaukee Iron (Southern Steele) died in October; I kind of circumvented the "security" and sat and talked to him for about 15 minutes. Very nice guy!

I'll keep my eye out for ya!! Have a great time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts