V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this one is serious...
Anyone there who has a RoadKing,Glide, ... Touring with a Twincam and 5 speed gear with a KICKSTARTER. After fooling around with the idea of a fake ( see VTF Classics ) i decided to go for the real thing, but i have concerns:
I need to change the exhaust from stock to a real 2-2, with no connection from the second cylinder to the exhaust of the first cylinder. Who makes this ?
The kickstart housing would be larger then the stock clutch cover. So how to cope this with the exhaust ?
Anyone with pictures that could give me some ideas ?

Please advice,

Patrick

·
Registered
460 Posts
pedege said:
Hi, this one is serious...
Anyone there who has a RoadKing,Glide, ... Touring with a Twincam and 5 speed gear with a KICKSTARTER. After fooling around with the idea of a fake ( see VTF Classics ) i decided to go for the real thing, but i have concerns:
I need to change the exhaust from stock to a real 2-2, with no connection from the second cylinder to the exhaust of the first cylinder. Who makes this ?
The kickstart housing would be larger then the stock clutch cover. So how to cope this with the exhaust ?
Anyone with pictures that could give me some ideas ?

Please advice,

Patrick
First thing you need to figure out is how to cope with the Twin Cam ignition system. You may have to revert back to old style EVO ignition to get it to fire. Then if you have a 95" build with around 180+ ccp you might find it hard to kick the motor over. If you get it to work you may find the cost to use ratio not worth it. Only time you would probably use it is in the poser parking lots and god help you if you can't get it to start on the first 2 kicks and have to resort to the electrical starter. You'll hear :whisper: :laugh:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Things to think about, heart attack trying to push start it, verus knee surgery kicking it. Not really kidding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.