V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia Ora (Hi) to all...Brett here from Wellington, New Zealand.....having ridden RK, VRod, Dynas and Softails, reading all the great info on this site has helped me make a decision to buy an 03 softail standard which I pick up hopefully Saturday....have owned a range of other bikes both *** and Italian and have been looking for a bike with that certain something...something that my *** bike doesnt have....found it in the Softail..that thing that keeps calling you to go for a ride even when you know you have stuff to do..look forward to meeting any of you if and when you get down to this end of the world...fantastic roads, magnificent scenery and mostly friendly people..lol....:cheers:

Brett

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Brett. Congrats on the 03 Softail. Post up often and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. A freind of mine vacationed in New Zeland and said it's a beautiful country.

good luck and ride safe.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hi Brett:

Welcome to the now internationally recognized, world class V-TwinForum.

A great place to hang your hat while you post, learn and laugh about our wonderful interests in motorcycles.

Congrats on the new bike. See you on the boards.

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
Brett11 !!
:welcome: to the forum!! I have gone to Christchurch every year for the past 15 years!! I love that place!! And your country...and your beer, etc!! Congrats on your new Softtail! :chopper: I was all set to buy a Softtail Standard myself until I saw the new Street Bob! Hope you have many safe kilometers of riding on your new wheels!! Look forward to reading your posts!

JD

·
Registered
2 Posts
What no Vrod?

Congrats, sounds like you took care of your Christmas present yourself, enjoy. I'm surprised you weren't bowled over by the Vrod, I have 2 of them and can think of no better bike on the road that I'd rather have, if I had any complaint at all it's the size of the full tank. 3.7 gals. uh-oh, I think I hear one of them calling me...

eddie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what no vrod?

Dont get me wrong....if it was just me riding the VRod would be in the garage right now. I absolutely loved riding it but the wife rode on the back with the pillion touring seat and backrest and hated it..............no room and so uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
passenger seat available

One of my Rods has the up graded passenger seat (thicker, softer)with the little mini bar , my girl says she's fine back there, keep in mind, the rides were not for long hauls though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
passenger seat

mate I looked at every seat I could to get it to work...those VRods are very nice indeed but never mind the softail is a real beauty too.....I promise never to be one of those riders who state "thats not a real Harley"...I reckon they have'n't ridden a VRod to make that sort of claim....enjoy it.................:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts