V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting the Khrome Werks HP-Plus 100 slip-on mufflers on my bike. Does anybody run these ? If so how do you like them ? Where is the best place to buy them from ? Thanks for any info.

Greg

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
you'll like 'em

The absolute best sounding muffler,excellent low-midrange performance ,flawless chrome.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
i have some of the older shorties. they are slightly loud, have the baffle in the center instead of the outer edge.
chrome has stayed perfect for over 5 years.
if the new ones are the same, i recommend them in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. From what I've heard these are supposed to be pretty nice slip-ons. I'm surprised that more people don't have them.

Greg

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Just ordered mine for my Dyna this afternoon from Zanotti's...Cheapest place I could find, $158 to my door.

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
I had Krome Werks slip ons on my xl1200 and they sounded great. When I put in high compression pistons and the SE cams they were a little loud so I traded for a V&H ProPipe. The guy I sold them to also loves them.
Fred

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have them on my Street Glide and love them. They are not excessivley loud, but bark when you get on them. They sound nice and deep.

My friend has Kerkers on his bike and is ordering the KW's. He loved the sound of my mufflers.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I order some for my Dyna and I was not very impressed with it, the sound was never quite the Harley sound... After having it for 1 year and poking some holes in it to see if would sound better ( and it did) I ended up just put some VH on my Dyna... I wish I have done that in the first place and I would have saved me some money and disappointment.
Good luck.
David

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Were they they HP+ version, or just the regular khrome werks slipons?:hmmm:

moulin6801 said:
I order some for my Dyna and I was not very impressed with it, the sound was never quite the Harley sound... After having it for 1 year and poking some holes in it to see if would sound better ( and it did) I ended up just put some VH on my Dyna... I wish I have done that in the first place and I would have saved me some money and disappointment.
Good luck.
David

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:wavey: Thanks everybody! I ended up buyiny a brand new pair off e-bay.
I still have to put on some more breakin miles, than I will install my SERT and slip-ons.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts