V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering upgrading the stock mufflers to Khrome Werks HP slip on mufflers for my 05 FXDi this winter. At the same time, I'll be puttiing on the Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner (or SE...not really fond of this one).

1. Is there a difference in sound between the tappered version and the Bologna version? It seems like since the Bologna version has a larger opening, it would be louder, but I'd like to know if there actually is a difference.

2. I haven't found (when I did a search) a whole lot of comments on THESE pipes (except from like two people)...so if you have them on your ride, sound off, I'd like to hear from you!

3. I'll also be putting a DFO or PCIII on to make sure that I'm not running lean, instead of doing a ECM flash...I don't really ride above 5000 RPMs, so the flash probably won't do me a whole lot of good if I do one or the other.

Hopefully this won't run me too much more than $500 if I do everything myself.

Thanks!
:beatdh:

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I dont have them, but i've heard that they are some of the best pipes that are also some of the least known. They were highly recommended to me by a well known wrench that runs a website dedicated to performance Hogs.

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
I use the slipons for my FLHTI, very nice. My friend upgrade to the AR's they make and liked them but like the Thunderheader more. Don't waste time and money on the stage 1 reflash at the dealer.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
Cdouthitt said:
I'm considering upgrading the stock mufflers to Khrome Werks HP slip on mufflers for my 05 FXDi this winter. At the same time, I'll be puttiing on the Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner (or SE...not really fond of this one).

1. Is there a difference in sound between the tappered version and the Bologna version? It seems like since the Bologna version has a larger opening, it would be louder, but I'd like to know if there actually is a difference.

2. I haven't found (when I did a search) a whole lot of comments on THESE pipes (except from like two people)...so if you have them on your ride, sound off, I'd like to hear from you!

3. I'll also be putting a DFO or PCIII on to make sure that I'm not running lean, instead of doing a ECM flash...I don't really ride above 5000 RPMs, so the flash probably won't do me a whole lot of good if I do one or the other.

Hopefully this won't run me too much more than $500 if I do everything myself.

Thanks!
:beatdh:
i had the tapered version on my fxd for 2 years.great pref/ sound. i gave them to my buddy for his 04fxdi-he loves them also.i believe they were designed by the late mr feuling.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Khrome werks HP

I put khrome werks Hps on my 2005 Dyna along with a big sucker air cleaner. Love the mufflers. They build quality and chrome is not notch. Baffles are easily removable. Sound and per formance are outstanding. Highly reccomended.

·
In disguise
2,760 Posts
I have a set of Khromewerks AR staggered duals with tapered mufflers (welded-in baffles) and have always been compeletely pleased. They fit like a glove--much better than the Cycle Shacks I had before. Chrome finish is very good.

I've always thought they deserved more press for a quality product than they get.

And I'd recommend the Ness Big Sucker over the SE unit. The Ness part has the oil ducts cast into the part exiting right in front of the carb opening, The SE unit uses a seperate piece of rubber tubing inside.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all...just the info I was looking for. I think I'll go with the tappered version, I kinda like the look better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts