V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what they say "It's not "if" you go down, it's "when", so why risk it?

Protect your legs, hips and knees, with our Kevlar Jeans, they cover you where it counts, yet they are so comfortable you may forget you're wearing Abrasion Protection.

That's because our Kevlar Jeans have flexible woven Kevlar in the seat, hips, and knees all the way down the front and back for Full Coverage Protection!

The ONLY Kevlar Enhanced Jeans that are FULLY LINED!

Read a Review by Thunder Press Here: http://www.grcustoms.com/pdf/KevlarJeansReview.pdf

Read more details on the Jeans here: http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=4&product_id=181

Thx

GR

Attachments

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Where are they made? I have a pair of kevlar jeans. What I like is the lining in the knees is enough to keep the chaps of on cool nights.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,563 Posts
The ad says they're cut like Levi 501s, but the black pair the guy's modeling is way too high-waisted to be 501s.

I'd like these two facts reconciled.

Also, you should have someone familiar with spelling, grammar, and punctuation proofread your site. No offense, but that stuff matters to some customers. You only get one chance to make a first impression, it should be a professional one.

joe

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they are cut 501's but you can't go by a picture of someone wearing them. They are a lower cut, he may have gotten a larger pair on depending on how he wanted them to fit.

We suggest going a size larger if you don't like them too tight.
They will shrink and stretch just like regular jeans, and the kevlar inside won't affect the fit as they are sized a tad larger to compensate for it.

Hope that helps

GR

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are they made? I have a pair of kevlar jeans. What I like is the lining in the knees is enough to keep the chaps of on cool nights.
They are making these in London now, the company I was using was from Pakistan, but one of the partners left the company and went to London to set up his shop.

GR

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
London is ok, compared to Pakistan. But other folks are making these in the US.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,563 Posts
Yes, they are cut 501's but you can't go by a picture of someone wearing them. They are a lower cut, he may have gotten a larger pair on depending on how he wanted them to fit.

We suggest going a size larger if you don't like them too tight.
They will shrink and stretch just like regular jeans, and the kevlar inside won't affect the fit as they are sized a tad larger to compensate for it.

Hope that helps

GR
Thanks. How much hotter does the Kevlar make them to wear?

joe

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Mine don't really seem that much hotter but they are a loosen cut, which helps.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's exactly my question Joe living in south Florida. Are these britches gonna bbq my azz and legs??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
They don't seem that much hotter when riding as the Kevlar lets air in due to the style of the weave. I only notice the heat when I'm sitting at the light or standing still.
Not too bad on warm days, but great at night! And you'll never know when you get in an accident or go down on the bike so why risk it?

GR

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Thanks. How much hotter does the Kevlar make them to wear?

joe
I've been wearing Diamond Gusset (made in USA) riding jeans with kevlar in them for a couple of years (ever since a collision with Bambi in May 2011. Really don't notice any additional heat problems and I'm in the deep south.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,563 Posts
I've been wearing Diamond Gusset (made in USA) riding jeans with kevlar in them for a couple of years (ever since a collision with Bambi in May 2011. Really don't notice any additional heat problems and I'm in the deep south.
If you can wear them there, they should be bearable here. Thanks.

joe

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We use to carry the Defender Kevlar Jeans, that's what got us to make our own, since No other Kevlar Jean has "Fully Lined Kevlar" front and back!
All the other companies have "patchwork" kevlar with stitching on the outside that looks like Painter pants!

And no one is making them in the US, or they are charging $30-$50 more!

GR

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's exactly my question Joe living in south Florida. Are these britches gonna bbq my azz and legs??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The Kevlars weave allows air to flow through them, they are actually great ALL Year Round but when it's hot in Florida I'm sure they will be warmer than regular jeans.

It's your legs, if I had them when I had my accident, I wouldn't have gotten 12 stitches on my knee and road rash on my hip and legs!
Plus I would have saved about $500 in Co-Pay at the emergency room!

Well worth it!

AAron

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We use to sell Defender Jeans but they are "patchwork" Kevlar ours are the ONLY Kevlar Jeans that are FULLY LINED w/KEVLAR, the other Kevlar Jeans are only in the knees and hips!

I would have saved $500 in deductibles when I had my accident if I had them on then!

Got 12 stitches on my knee and road rash on the side of my leg!
The Kevlar is woven so that air does come in and is cooler than you would think!

But in Florida in the summer it may be too warm, I wore mine this summer in California it wasn't too bad, but I feel alot better about being protected than sweating a little!

Perfect for the fall, winter and spring riding!

GR

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
When you have two layers, jean and Kevlar, no air gets through. They are hot. Plain and simply. I got a pair of Duluth firehose flex pants and they are very comfortable. Even in Texas heat. This firehose stuff is tuff stuff. So what if I need a new pair if I have to find out just how tuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My concern would be how these compare to leather in protection? Also, how durable are they as far as washing and wearing goes i.e. are they going to last a month, year or multiple years? As for heat, SoCal ain't nothing on the coastline anyways, besides road rash burns more than hot air.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My concern would be how these compare to leather in protection? Also, how durable are they as far as washing and wearing goes i.e. are they going to last a month, year or multiple years? As for heat, SoCal ain't nothing on the coastline anyways, besides road rash burns more than hot air.
Leather will tear when you hit the pavement, depending on how fast your going.
Ever see a dog or deer get hit by a car?
Kevlar is woven so there's not as much abrasion as Kevlar is designed to keep this from happening!
Leather is good, depending on the thickness etc, but Kevlar Enhanced Riding Jeans are the Future of Biker Gear!
Like your favorite pair of jeans these will last years upon years, and are washable and dryer safe! They will Fade and wear just like Jeans but the Fully Lined Kevlar inside will NOT get old!
Sure they are a little warmer but I ride with jeans in the summer and I sweat with just jeans on so, I'd rather be safe with the Kevlar enhanced jeans than not to!
Besides the Kevlar is woven and will let air in when your riding.
Save $$$ if you have an accident in co-pays and deductibles as if I had them when I crashed I would have saved $2500 and 12 stitches where the horn cover cut my knee open! Not counting the down time!

GR

1 - 18 of 18 Posts