V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to quiet my 97 FLHTC down. Presently running Kerker Slip ons. Read the previous posts on the SPO, but can any one tell me if there is a big difference v/s the Kerkers

·
Registered
38 Posts
candubrain said:
I want to quiet my 97 FLHTC down. Presently running Kerker Slip ons. Read the previous posts on the SPO, but can any one tell me if there is a big difference v/s the Kerkers
I have been running S&S SPO's on my FLHTCI for several thousand miles now.
Previously, I had SE Pro slip-ons (also made by Kerker), and they were just too loud, especially with my engine mods. I'd say the sound level of the SPO's is somewhere between the SE's and stock.

I can't say enough about how much I like the sound (and quality) of the SPO's. They are very quiet at steady-state cruising, but have a nice rumble when you're on the gas. It's very easy to "stealth" around town without drawing undue attention from citizens and cops.

Furthermore, because of their large shape and volume, they are not restrictive even though they are quiet. Performance-wise, they worked well with my motor build. Highly recommended if you've had enough of the noise.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that was the kind of info I was looking for. I have a mild cam on the bike, and I'm a little erie of negating what increase I have gained with the cam.....brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts