V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my new 06 RKC next week and having a hard time deciding to upgrade to a stage 1 and SE slip ons or keep it stock. I'm afraid the bike will not be "Harley" enough stock, but don't want to by something that too loud. is it really worth the money?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
I'm probably the wrong guy to comment because I found the 88" in stock trim lacking in the power for my tastes. That said, at least I would do the stage 1 and pipes, that let's her breathe a little better and you do get a seat of the pants performance enhancement for the money. If you are concerned of not going too loud I would recommend you check out the recorred mufflers offered by fullsac (www.fullsac.com). They were just the sound I wanted, nice rumble but not too loud at cruising so I could hear the tunes. There are so many choices in mufflers that you could go batty trying to choose but this is the route I went on my '06 RG. Give fullsac a call and talk to them. They offer different size baffles depending on your motor. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
RoadkingIbe said:
I'm picking up my new 06 RKC next week and having a hard time deciding to upgrade to a stage 1 and SE slip ons or keep it stock. I'm afraid the bike will not be "Harley" enough stock, but don't want to by something that too loud. is it really worth the money?
Doing the stage 1 upgrade is an easy thing to do. I would hold off a bit making any changes and go to some bike gatherings and listen to as many pipes/mufflers as possible first before you make up your mind. I'm on my 4th set now! The other thing to consider in pipes is Looks Vs. Performance Vs. having both Looks & Performance. You have choices, lots of them.

After you make your pipes decision, then do the Stage 1 upgrade of air filter/backing plate and pipes. I actually like the Arlen Ness Big Sucker better than the SE pieces. You should at least check it out. Get the pipes on and then you will at least need a fuel adder module to solve the lean issues. I had the Techlusion TFI module for awhile and it worked just fine. There are others that will do the job too.

·
Banned
48 Posts
RoadkingIbe said:
The Stage 1 is for an air cleaner only. I'd save the $150 on the reflash, install the air cleaner and mufflers and buy an EFI fueler. Then you will easily be able to adjust the slight amount of fuel you will need to.
Only thing you won't have is a raised rev limit, but on a stock bike, that's no biggie.

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Stage I flash is for the SEII slip ons and the SE A/C. I just had the flash done today and it made a world of difference on my bike. Rode 250 miles and the bike runs perfect.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
stock????????????

RoadkingIbe said:
stock? it's like having sex in the same position everytime!!!!!:hystria:

·
Registered
204 Posts
For you bike, my brother bought the same one, he did the stage 1 and HD slip on's before leaving the dealer, it sounds great, and not loud at all.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts