V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about getting a Vulcan 2000 and attaching a sidecar to it. any opinions on the bike itself, pro or con?:thanks:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't know alot about the bike except it has pushrods. I think it's still liquid cooled. It has tons of power and I think it's belt driven.

Probably a good bike. Never heard anything bad about it.
\

Oh yeah I have to give you the forum disclaimer: It's not a Harley Though!!:hystria:

·
Lighten up!
593 Posts
I've read something about the rear ends going bad somewhere but I don't remember where. Try looking for a k2000 forum on the net.

good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Vn2k

I have a few friends that own them. They love the power and all but for the most part they seem to "Eat" rear tires "some have had to replace tires with around 5K on them and some get about 9K.
Some of it is due to the hot rough Texas roads but most is all that torque they constantly have to get into! IMHO

Luca
02FLSTC

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Test rode one and liked it. Power is impressive. Did not choose to purchase this bike at time of test ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Monster

I just bought this bike, it is a monster. It makes my three Harleys seem like toys in comparison. It makes my tweaked Vulcan 1500 Classic FI seem uncivilized, and that bike is nice in itself. I'd guess it would make a fine setup for a sidecar.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'v got a 1500 Vulcan classic and its a hell of a bike.I also have a 1100 goldwing and a Harley Ultra Classic, but for pure fun and power I like the vulcan.I'v had no problems after all the factory updates were done and i installed a dyna ignition kit to be able to dial in the spark curve.There shaft drive,water cooled..mine is 1500cc but the new ones are 1600cc.For more info on them go to the VROC website its strickly a Vulcan riders website.. http://www.vroc.org/
One thing i will mention that I like with the Harley and Goldwing over the Vulcan is the suspension..The Vulcan does not have air suspension and does buffet and bounce a bit over 65mph going over dips in the road or when a 18 wheeler blows by...were as the Harley and goldwing ride very smooth.
The Kawasaki Nomad would be a better choice for you.It comes with the air suspension and dual calipers as compaired to the vulcans single caliper set up and normal spring type shocks(which are adjustable),and with the extra weight of the sidecar ,suspension and braking should be a major consideration for you to think about.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Test rode the 2000CC Kawasaki at Sturgis last year. Loads of power but that's it. Don't know how to put it into words but the bike didn't do it for me. I agree the Roadliner is a well rounded machine. Handling and power without looking gaudy. However the Kawasaki with all it's power would make an excellent bike to put a sidecar on I would think.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What year Classic?
I'v never heard of one with factory air shocks.. I thought only the Nomads had them...I'v got them on my 1500 classic..But I got them off a Nomad.But I'm talking the 1500's.Dont know about the newer ones.when it was mentioned about a 2000 Vulcan i thought he meant 2000 as in the year..sorry.
The 2006 2000 vulcan is belt drive with a single rear shock I believe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My previous bike was a 2005 Vulcan 1500 Classic, they have factory air-adjustable rear shocks. The Vulcan 2000's have a monoshock rear, belt drive. My current bike is a 2005 Vulcan 2000.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kaw 2000 is a belt drive, and it tends to make noise at that, common complaint but not a wear issue. Engine and tranny are bullet-proof - I have 34K on an 05 I bought new. It does eat tires - I get 6-8,000 miles on the rear. Front is okay, lasts around 12k-14k. Monoshock on rear does not like harsh bumps. Power is incredible. Haven't had anything go wrong since I bought it. Surprising agile in parking lot turns for a big bike, 200 mm rear tire helps I think. Extremely good mileage - get 50 mpg.
T

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a Vulcan 1500 and I had the chance to test drive a 2000 at the Harley shop. I felt it was way to top heavy. Just a monster. Great power, but not as comfy as my Ultra. They had a 2000 victory and it felt great under me. Lighter than the Vulcan as far as top weight and easy to move it back and forth without feeling like it was going to fall under it's own weight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ride

Kaw 2000 is a belt drive, and it tends to make noise at that, common complaint but not a wear issue. Engine and tranny are bullet-proof - I have 34K on an 05 I bought new. It does eat tires - I get 6-8,000 miles on the rear. Front is okay, lasts around 12k-14k. Monoshock on rear does not like harsh bumps. Power is incredible. Haven't had anything go wrong since I bought it. Surprising agile in parking lot turns for a big bike, 200 mm rear tire helps I think. Extremely good mileage - get 50 mpg.
T
Do you still ride it ?

JJ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts