V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a 2006 street glide (carb model) i was going to save myself some $$$$ . i purchased the SE backing plate and the hoses and fittings only for $61.00. Using my stock cover.Purchase a K&N for the $35.00 Total of $95.00. Reason being that the cheap filter they are putting in the Se kit now is the cheap oo and would hit the garbage can. Now i am puzzled. The filter i have in my bike is #29461-99 all that i can find is K&N website calling for a HD-1499, but i am understanding from other members here that i should be buying the #0800. Have i mis read something here or having a brain fart lol. I can take the pressure guys so help me out here a steer my right . thanks

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
The HD-0800 works with the SE backing plate. To be sure go to the K&N website & enter the HD-800 number in the search box.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the #0800 is the part i need to buy, mine is the oval shape with the metal insert. do you no if i can still use my stock cover Thanks. booggerbe

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MegaGlide, i just went to the K&N site and looked at the #0800. It is round and the #1499 i have is oval and not round as the 0800. The 0800 will work even mine being the oval shape.Is this correct. Just hate to be so dumb acting but just hate to spend the funds on the wrong part. Thanks much for anymore help. Booggerbe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts