V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 FLHX
In searching through the threads I am aware that most everyone feels it is fine to run just mufflers without a download or other fuel injection box. I am doing that now without any problems. My question is what if you add the K&N Filter to the oem housing. Would this combination justify a download, fuelpak, pc? Just wanting to add the air filter as it is time to replace the stock filter and want something that is better than stock. Thanks in advance.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
smokie11 said:
2006 FLHX
In searching through the threads I am aware that most everyone feels it is fine to run just mufflers without a download or other fuel injection box. I am doing that now without any problems. My question is what if you add the K&N Filter to the oem housing. Would this combination justify a download, fuelpak, pc? Just wanting to add the air filter as it is time to replace the stock filter and want something that is better than stock. Thanks in advance.
The K&N direct replacement OEM filter will flow a little bit more then stock, but its still limited by the OEM housing (small hole for air to come through is pretty restrictive). You'd need a High Flow A/C kit to get better air flow (like a SE A/C, with K&N filter). As for running it with the exhaust and no PCIII or SERT (I'd stay away from the FuelPak), I can't really say. I'd lean more towards not doing it. To get the full potential out of the motor, however, you'd need a PCIII or SERT. Worth every penny IMO. Good luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts