V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get a K&N air cleaner for my 06 street glide(EFI) with the backing plate and breather kit, like SE kit. Do I need to buy the SE kit to get that stuff. If there is such a kit, maybe a link.:whisper: :thanks:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
http://65.38.172.84/forums/showpost.php?p=667043&postcount=5

Screamin' Eagle® Chrome Air Cleaner Backplate Kit 29510-05
Gasket 29583-01
Plug, breather (2) 29557-05
“O”-ring (2) 11292
Stud, air cleaner mounting (3) 29447-99A
Screw, button head, 1/4-20 x 3/8 in. long (3) 3938

K&N Filter (K&N Part Number) HD-0800

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Whats the difference?

Why the new back plate and all the other stuff, they sell just the filter to pop in with the stock cleaner. Does the other stuff increase performance, or is it just for looks?

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
new screamin backing plate $30
k&n $24
round cover------toomany to list

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
you need to get rid of the stock backing plate in order to flow the air. The kit comes with new plate that is much smaller. It's basically flat and doesn't wrap back around to the actual cover.

I'd get the SE kit, or a kit from someone else, but not just a new filter

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
If you just want to leave the bike stock, you can order a direct KN replacement for the stock filter. It won't run any better, but you can do it if you want. Like the other guys said, get the SE backplate and then order the KN filter that matches it. You'll pick up some free HP.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sixgun,

I got a SE Kit for my 01 RKClassic back in the spring on ebay. The guy mis-spelled "screamin eagle" in his title description... It was new in the box and I paid $55 shipped to my door. Just keep your eyes peeled there. They pop up pretty frequently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts