V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on keeping the stock airbox, but I am looking for a reusable filter. I can't seem to find info on a replacement filter. Anyone fit one in an 08 yet? Any part numbers? Sometimes the stuff is a little hard to locate here in Ontario Canada so I may have to order and I want to make sure I get the right part.

Thanks

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Bingo said:
I am planning on keeping the stock airbox, but I am looking for a reusable filter. I can't seem to find info on a replacement filter. Anyone fit one in an 08 yet? Any part numbers? Sometimes the stuff is a little hard to locate here in Ontario Canada so I may have to order and I want to make sure I get the right part.

Thanks

Tom
08 Touring and some Dynas are different. Everything else as in previous years

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
The 2008 throttle body for touring are completely different, so for now, it is best to get the SE air filter, and K&N will come with a filter for it soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

Maybe I will wait the winter out then. I did forget to mention it's a Road Glide, so thanks for letting me know the touring air box will be different. I hate to spend $$$$ on a new air box (like I did with all the past HD's) and get burned on it cause it won't fit the new one when it's time to trade, but I plan on keeping this one a long time so I may get the value out of it. Having a reusable filter is certainly better than buying paper filters all the time.

Tom.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Bingo,
I took delivery of my '08 SG about 3 months ago and read the owner's manual that evening. I seem to recall a section which talked about how to clean/wash the air filter. So I'm assuming the stock air filter is reuseable. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Jeffytune said:
The 2008 throttle body for touring are completely different, so for now, it is best to get the SE air filter, and K&N will come with a filter for it soon.
@gree: Thats what I'm doin too... HD has a stage 1 air filter available now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re thinks

I may re think the K + N part, as I see the SE can be washed and doesn't need oil. The K + N oil has caused some issues with the MAP in the automotive sector, so I think the SE may be the answer. The parts book lists one for the 08 on page 519, I just hate paying inflated HD - SE prices.

Maybe Santa is reading this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I believe this K&N filter will work. Do a search on ebaymotors.com

K&N AIR FILTER CLEANER STAGE 1 RK-3909 HARLEY TWIN CAM

P.S. Correction, I read a discussion further down on this board that the 3909 will not work on the 08 models because of the different size throttle body.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Se

I ended up ordering a SE filter. Doesn't need the oil like the K+N unit.

I'm still waiting for the mail though, so I haven't seen it yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts