V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing the pc111 this week on my 02 flstfi stage1 fatboy and it was suggested to me to install the K&n filter.Would like your opinion if i should or should not.Is this something that i should do.If it matters i'll also be installing bigcity baffles.thanks

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Install the K&N. It will be the last filter you'll buy. Clean it every 50,000 miles or so and re-oil it.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the stage1 already.The installer(authorized dyno/pc dealer)suggested the K&N filter when i do the install.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Looking at your pic, it looks like it has the Stage I kit that already has the K&N filter?
Is the filter a dirty red w/ black rubber seals?

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you have the one with the blue rubber around the front and back get rid of it and get the K&N. I was cleaning the one that came with the SE kit (the blue one) getting ready for a long tour and noticed the rubber was coming apart. I was in a bind as I didn't have time to order the K&N so had to get another blue one from the local stealer. That was less than a year ago and guess what that one is now torn too. K&N is now on the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts