V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be a gain in performance on a completely stock Ultra by going to the K&N filter and would that require a reflash or possibly a Power Commander. Don't want to change the pipes or do anything major cause want the most reliability. If only wanted power would have kept the Honda 1800 wing. Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The K & N filter will allow more air; however to get the full performance gain you have to modify the pipes to allow the additional air to get out also. I am sure you would see some gain but you might not get what your hoping for.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will not be looking for a big increase in power, been there done that. On the stock TC88 which is the most restrictive the pipes or the air intake? It would seem to me that if it's the pipes then increasing the breathing would be of no benefit, but I thought I read that increasing the breathing with the stock pipes would give some benefit.

·
Banned
999 Posts
Ultra39 said:
Will not be looking for a big increase in power, been there done that. On the stock TC88 which is the most restrictive the pipes or the air intake?

I ride a stock 01 injected bagger, IMHO I think just an A/C change is a waste of money.

It's hard to keep the Genie in the bottle.

kinda like Lays potato chips, nobody can eat just one. same goes for performance stuff, nobody ever makes just one change.

first its A/C. then exhaust, then power commander, then cams, then Big Bore, then hi comp big bore with stroker crank, then broken transmission, then andrews gears in tranny, then broken drive belt, then etc............

So in order to keep that Genie in the bottle all you have to do is Ride the Sumbitch and Leave the Sumbitch alone.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think it would be worth the $50 or so to replace the stock junk paper element with a quality K&N replacement, because the paper element likely starts to deteriorate as soon as it is installed. IMHO:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts