V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't understand what people are thinking when they are trying to sell something. This bike was very dirty. If you are trying to sell something why wouldn't you detail the thing first. Some rusted bolts and clamps, needs some tires, and the rotor has rust on it. He offered 12 grand to the lady, she was asking 14 grand. Called the dealer where it was bought and he will print out a service history on Monday. Nice sounding mufflers and it did fire up pretty easily. Chrome was nice and the dealer thought that was a great price. He is not really hurting for money and could very easily afford a new bike but also is the kind of guy who hates turning down a great deal. I think 12 grand is a very good price. What do you guys think?? She's calling him back later as she had to answer one other call first. When is a good deal a good deal. He could save about 6 grand but the bike is going to be 6 years old soon.

Here's the link

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/4/1/82803041.htm

·
Banned
873 Posts
The ad said $14,000 obo. I'd stick with your $12,000 offer. Picture looks like a real nice bike!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Woman is probably not going to know how to fix the stuff that needs to be fixed. Unless its hard to sell I wouldn't put new tires on it either. You don't get your money back on that stuff. Only reason I would put something into was if it wouldn't sell.

Are new tires going to make it worth $2k more? Doubt it, but those little things do add up. Fine line between not putting any money into it to and making it look the price.

·
Registered
217 Posts
AT 12g its a good buy. It has the stock seat but a few other extras on it. 01 was a pretty good year without to many recalls that i remeber. Where is the wind shield? Thats another 300 or so. Good luck and tell your friend congrates if he buys it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts