V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! My name is Mark and I am fairly new to the word of Harley-Davidson! After about 25 years of not riding (will never admit what I rode back them!:nope: ), I bought a 2000 Sportster XL1200 Custom. Great bike. Fun to ride, but just too small for this 225 lb body! Went today and purchased a 2002 Dyna Super Glide. My Dyna is black and has a V&H pipes, Stage 1 SE upgrade, H-D security system, detachable windshield, sissy bar, and assorted CHROME upgrades!!

A little about myself....I am married with 1 daughter (the light of my life!). I am an Engineer by degree and currently work for a Nascar race team. My nickname at work is "Sheriff" (my VTF handle also) because I manage (among other things) the distribution of our race oils and our rearend gears. I have owned several Muscle cars and Corvettes over the years, now it is time to "play" with the Harleys!!!

I am looking forward to learning a lot from you folks here at VTF! I hope that I can, very soon, contribute as well! See you on the Forum!!:thumbsup:

UPDATE: Just signed up as a Premium Member, so here is a pic of my new ride:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Nice to meet you Mark and a big :welcome:.Enjoy your stay here...you will learn a lot.Good to have an engineers perspective on things too.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Welcome neighbor, Enjoy the new ride and welcome to the forum.
:welcome:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Now that is on flagging nice bike you have there Mark.

I would like to join the others in wishing you a big welcome to the forum.

Another fine motorcycle joins the fleet.

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
You have a great platform to play with

View attachment 27622 If I did this correctly, here is an attachment to give you one example of which way to go with your new toy.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! Nice looking motorsickle you have there. post up often and enjoy!

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the "Welcomes" everyone!! :cheers:

Peacekeeper said:
Welcome neighbor, Enjoy the new ride and welcome to the forum.
:welcome:
Peacekeeper: Do you ever get down to Quaker Steak & Lube on Speedway Blvd? Hope to see you cruisin' around some day!!

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome Sheriff! Nice ride! This forum has tons of info to help you on your ride. Also have tons of humor, debate, and awesome VTF members on this board. So enjoy your time here and post up!

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Sheriff, welcome from another Hoosier.

You'll find just about anything you need here. Post often and enjoy that ride!

Ray

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! Nice to know there's a "new sheriff in town". Thanks for the pic, good looking set of wheels :thumbsup: Congratulations on your new Orange Member.....ship!
JD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts