V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you fine people:) I just signed up today as a new member and I really love the website so far. In 1988, I bought a new Honda Gold Wing, kept it 4 1/2 years. Put 45,000 miles on it then my daughter came along:) We sold the bike in '92 and I have been without one ever since. In July I ordered a 2003 Road King Classic, Gunmetal Pearl. It should be here in January or February, the dealer says. I'm buying it from Andrae's Harley Davidson in Urbana, IL. The wife and I have rented a Road King twice over the last 2 months and are really happy with the bike. That is the only experience with a Harley that I have. So, in the future, I will have probably many questions :) I already have tons of goodies printed off Harley's website that I wish to purchase before I take delivery of the bike. Well, enough for now.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Tons of goodies from H-D? Son, you must have some lo-o-o-ong green. Now that I think about it, I believe I have a long lost brother in IL. Welcome to the forum and send any loose change you have laying around.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Whatever Makes 'em Happy

JimmyK, whatever makes a member happy is the important thing.
If the member wants to spend a pot load of bucks on chrome, it's his choice. You and I wouldn't do it. Lots of others wouldn't do it. But some would. It's a very personal thing.

The man road 45K miles on another bike. He's a rider, not a poser. He just wants to make his bike special. No crime in that.

Markcuda, welcome to the H/D Forum. We're glad ya' came back to ridin'. If JimmyK growls at ya' for buying a bit of chrome, shake his hand, buy him a beer. He's a good man with strong opinions. Oh, before ya' buy a lot of stuff, review a lot of the threads in the Forum. You may save LOTS of money.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the welcome, yes, I'm a rider, not a bull$hiter;) This is my first Harley and I'm going to make the bike the way I want it, with out trying to make it the way other people might think it should be. Money, if the item that I am thinking of buying is going to give me pleasure, well, I don't care what it costs;) Jimmy, this one is for you (I have a great job):D

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Welcome! After about a 2 years or so with out a bike, let alone a Harley, I just purchased an FLHT. Only thing I can say is to shop around for the parts!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Pasadena Bro, other than saying I thought this would get interesting, what did I say that calls for such an apologetic effort on your part for me?

Come on now, "If JimmyK growls at ya' for buying a bit of chrome,..." Hell, I posted earlier about dressing my baby today.

I ain't a bad guy, in fact, the only complaint one could have about me is that I can be counted on to say what I feel without worrying if the forks are on the right side of the plate and in the proper order. Hence my vice is honesty.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
I don't notice any fight.

JimmyK asked why I made a comment to a new member. The most important part of the comment was that JimmyK is "...a good man with strong opinions." I stand by that comment. I simply did not want the new member to misinterpret an honest comment as a potential flame. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Now, how about a group hug? OK. OK. I'll settle for a beer.

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
OOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEEE!!!

I know yer smilin'
I also have one on order (Silver/Black) for delivery in Jun when I return stateside. Can't wait. Post a pic sitting on her so I can get jealous.

Oh yea- Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
LOL nobody is fightin.

FX that was funny as hell. Great way for me to start the day ! LOL!

Mark welcome to the forum.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Markcuda
Hope you have many fun-filled miles. You will really enjoy the bike. I picked up my Ultra a week ago, 530 miles later I can say the heat from the engine is not bad when running in clean air. Idling in traffic is a different tune, but I'm getting used to it.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JimmyK, thank you Sir:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts