V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I'm new to the forum, not new to HD. I just currently bought a 2003 Dyna Wide Glide, Black & Silver. It was a step up from my 87 sporty. The bike is scheduled to be here in sept, gonna be a long two weeks!!!!!

Gator

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hot Damn! This is the same bike I have on order gator13 and it's due the same time yours is. I ordered my bike on 3 June when did you order yours?
The only difference between yours and mine is color -- I went with solid black.
The part where I'm a little confused is on the black and silver. My dealer couldn't give me 2003 colors when I ordered my bike. Did you order black and silver at the time you placed your order?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FXDWG

I ordered it two weeks ago.... I got real lucky, guy had just backed out of the deal about an hour before I called... So the bike is mine. It is the Silver and Black anniversary special edition. I'm psyched, need to give the A$$ and back a break from my sportster.

Cox9000, I saw a post where you ordered the longshots...i'm torn between the longshots and the python 3 exhaust....

I can not find a FXDWG picture with longshots...you got any???

gator

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sum of-a bisket!!!! You ordered your bike only 2 weeks ago and you're getting it next month -- you lucky dog. No wonder you're so PUMPED up, Hell I'd be too. Glad to hear you lucked out like this.

No I don't have any pics, nor have I seen any pics with the longshots on this bike, but I have seem them in person. There are some other people in my area that have them on their wide glides. I've also seen the shortshots. I was going to go with the shortshots but it would be too much of a blast for my passenger (wife). If mama gets blasted she won't ride -- I need my mama HA! Still, I like the looks of the longshots.

I haven't seen any bikes with the python 3's -- have you? What do you think about them?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
DWG

Hey Gator,

The pipes are just the SE II slip on's. Had them installed by the dealer on delivery. I refused to even get on the bike with the stock pipes.

If you want to give your butt a break, the first thing you want to do is get rid of the stock seat. IT SUCKS!!!! I was able to do an even swap for a 2000 stock seat. Obviously not the perfect solution, but definately better than the new seat. I'm looking at a Saddleman explorer with the back rest.

It's a ***** waiting for your bike to come in. Las Vegas boasts "the largest HD dealer" and they usually have what you want in one of their 3 stores. Then again, I guess this time of year everyone is waiting for the 2003's
Good luck to you and Cox 9000 on your new bikes.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome and congrads on 03 WG, Cox is going crazy waiting for his. I know if there is 10 feet of snow when his comes he's riding it home. Glad to hear, timing is everything, welcome to the board.

For what it's worth I don't like the longshots as well, like the staggered look.

Again welcome,

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum, gator. Glad you are getting your bike soon. Can't say that I've enjoyed the crying about the wait!:rolleyes: I will still be in country, when my 2002 RoadKing gets to my garage. Even if I get out on time, I'll have to wait almost six months before my eyes or a$$ touch the bike.(Sucks making payments on something you can't use!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts