1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
27000 Mile mark!
Sitting outside the Off Licence Drink shop
to you US types!!!! :D
Turned on the 'Ignition and it read 27000 exactly!!!!!
Weired or whAt,?
:eek:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
FXDeanX said:
Good to know that the Off License Drink Shop (whatever the hell that is) is exactly 27000 miles away...

Dean
off-license/"offie" -
liquor store ("licensed to sell alcohol for consumption off the premises"): some pubs also have an off-license (but are still pubs, not "offies")

·
Registered
150 Posts
harleyhog,
I've always called them liquor stores or package stores. Congrats on the 27k. I just passed 3k. I lived in Ipswich for 3 yrs in the late 70's. Loved your country. Great roads for bikes (if only the weather didn't suck). I think it only reached 79 F. the whole time I was there. The locals were dropping like flies during this "heat wave".

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Lots of Miles

Congrats, harleyhog, on all those miles in a short time and with having a small area in which to ride!

Hopefully, all those miles weren't back and forth to a liquor store were they? That was just coincidence, wasn't it???:D (Just kidding.)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Re: Lots of Miles

pasadenajim said:
Hopefully, all those miles weren't back and forth to a liquor store were they? That was just coincidence, wasn't it???:D (Just kidding.)
Mostly backand forth to work, once over to Belfast. (What a nightmare that was! Talk about being 'paranoid' about losing the scoot with some of the area's I had to go into to visit Family!) :eek:
pasadenajim said:
Hopefully, all those miles weren't back and forth to a liquor store were they?
Actually, Ive been doing that too often, so after 'another' weekend of making a complete '***' of myself, I've decided to give up.
Hench the 1 in my sig, line. 2 tomorrow an so on.........

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Yeah, that'll be the day a **** gives up drinking!:D

Good luck!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Re: Re: Lots of Miles

harleyhog said:

Actually, Ive been doing that too often, so after 'another' weekend of making a complete '***' of myself, I've decided to give up.
Hench the 1 in my sig, line. 2 tomorrow an so on.........
I don't want to interfere with your decisions, but I don't think you've embarrassed yourself, at least not the threads I've read.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Besides, think of the economic slowdown in the adult beverage sector. :eek: :eek:

wyo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts