V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the estimate done for the wreck I had and it looks like
it's going to be just over $4000 -barring any unforseen damage when they take it apart to fix it!

This is what $4k is going to buy:

Frame
Front forks
Front wheel and tire
Triple tree
Radiator
Pipes

My guess is this repair is going to take quite a while considering it needs a new frame! :(
Anyone else here had any major repairs done?? Time it took..etc?

Just trying to get a feel for the time it may take.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Gee man, this sucks!

Difficult to say really.
If they had all the parts in one big box it should not really take them more than a week to ten days to put it back together.
Problem with this type of major works is that they might hit an assembly that requires part number 12345-67 which they have to order and will take a week to get there. Then you are all of a sudden looking at two to three weeks. And this could happen a few times during the reconstruction.

Would they be able to give you a loan Hog to ride while you wait?

Hang in there!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
If they are replacing the frame, you should have it re-painted before the parts are switched to the new frame. Imageine Red or Blue. Would be pretty cool!;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Look at the bright side (there's always one)...
You're alive and the weather should be sucking soon so
you won't really miss it all that bad!

by the way, did a tree jump out in front of you or what?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Always thank the Lord for no loss of life or limb. It is always better to have a complete, total write off of $20K than to end up in the hospital or lose your life.

JMS

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Joe, What was final charges against lady that you hit? Did her insurance cover everything or did you have hassle with them?

Oh, and I just love these kind of itemized things:

Screw, Hex Socket, brushed 1.60 - Okay, maybe special screw
Screw (2) 2.00
Screw, Hex Socket (4) 2.40 - Guess different screws than above
Screw, Hex Socket .60 - Why didn't they list 5 instead of 4 and 1?
Retaining Ring .15 - Can't you buy about 40 for about $1?
Screw, Hex Socket, Chrome 1.00 - Okay, maybe another special screw

And, hey, in above, you could have paid a few bucks more and had all of the Screw, Hex Socket replaced with Screw, Hex Socket, Chrome and prettied her up a little, huh? :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Man, being with out your bike for that long sucks. At least you are all right and the bike can be fixed, BTW did I mention that ir sucks not being able to ride?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Joe:

Sorry about your crash. But as everyone said youcan replace parts NOT lives or limbs.

With that said, you might want access to some take off parts that I and I am suere others have at "Blue Light" special prices. Then you can use the extra money for additional trinkets.

I have new stock lowers, spacers rear foot pegs with brackets and the metric bolts that go with them. thre are other stock covers, etc that i took off to get the add-ons.

My purpse here ist og et youy back on the road as quickly as possible. And before you ask NO I don;t have an extra frame.

Regards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts